Low Carb Cherry Chocolate Protein Smoothie is like a dessert but healthy enough for breakfast or an afterschool snack!
Creamy, chocolatey, full of protein, dairy free and low in carbs! Easy to make ahead, refrigerate or freeze for an easy grab-n- go breakfast!
This whole partnering with Silk this year has really brought about some wonderful changes in not only myself but my kids! My complete desire when I first began working with Silk in their #inspired campaign was to get my kids more independent in the kitchen. Less relying on me and more ready to take charge of their own hunger. So far it has worked like a charm!
I've been sitting pretty watching my kids take action in the kitchen. I simply supervised and they created recipes with ingredients they love.
May Recipe made by my 12 year old daugther: Low Carb Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream!!
June Recipe made by by 15 year old son: Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Egg Muffins
July Recipe made by my daughter: Low Carb Cherry Coconut Popsicles
My youngest was feeling a little left out and informed me of such. SO this month the 9 year old, my littlest man is the star and created his own version of smoothie yumminess!
Easy peasy for him!
I'd like to tell you he waited patiently for me to take these photos for this post but as you can see from this pic above, he was stalking me.This kid was excited to try his masterpeice. Luckily I got to enjoy the other one! Next time we'll just double the recipe so we can freeze or refrigerate a couple!
And DONE! He needed a sip and and could wait no longer, caught him in the act when he thought I wasn't looking!
Can't beat a healthy smoothie full of protein that tastes like a sinful dessert!
He did so well I'm feeling #inspired to let him do some heat cooking next time!
Low Carb Cherry Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- ½ cup fresh cherries pitted or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoopprotein powder I used unflavored Jay Robb brand
- ⅓ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon berry or chocolate liquid stevia
- 1 cup ice
- Optional: 2 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips I used Lily's Sweets brand
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender.
- Taste and adjust stevia if needed.
- Place in mason jars and cover for freezing or refrigeration.
- Thaw the night before if freezing.
- When ready to serve, give it a good shake and enjoy!
You could also divide this into 4 smaller servings. Making the Net Carbs: 5g
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.