This pumpkin pie chocolate chip cake can be ready for you in less than 2 minutes! It's low carb, gluten free, dairy free and free of added sugar!
This is actually my first new recipe using pumpkin for the season! I waited a bit to get on the bandwagon but I've been seeing recipes for pumpkin since September 1st!! Since we have less than a week away until October I felt it about time and this one will not disappoint. It's super easy, absolutely delicious and the combo of pumpkin and chocolate is hard not to love.
I know I have many Australian fans and the thought of using pumpkin in desserts is quite odd to many of you , but I guarantee if you try it once you will be hooked forever! You can choose to make this cake in the microwave in less than 2 minutes for a quick, single serve, satisfying dessert but I've given instructions for the oven as well.
Just as my 1 Minute Chocolate cake was a huge hit, this one is sure to please as well. Enjoy it alone in it's dish that you cook it in or transfer to a plate and top with fresh whipped cream!
The first time I made this cake I enjoyed it all by myself! It looks like a huge piece but once you check out the nutritional information you will be amazed and happily enjoy this all by yourself as well! When I made it again for the photo shoot my kids were stalking me until I was complete and happily divided it up into portions to each share some.
My oldest teen said. "It's like Pumpkin Pie in cake form, Mom, it's amazing!!" Proof that even a teen who mumbles only a few words every day, can be won over sometimes. 🙂
This nicely sized portion of pumpkin cake has only 4.5 net grams of carbs and is less than 150 calories not including whipped cream. Tastes completely indulgent, but is anything but! Enjoy it without guilt any day of the week!
Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin not pie filling
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips I use Lily's brand
- optional: real whipped cream or dairy free whipped cream
- Whisk all ingredients together, except chocolate chips, until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a 6 ounce ramekin or coffee mug.
- Microwave 1 minute and 30 seconds or until a toothpick in center is clean.
- You can also use the oven and bake this at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.