Low Carb Chicken Avocado Zucchini Roll Ups are light on carbs, made mayo free and perfect summer finger food!
When it comes to summer I'm all about keeping it easy.
Easy planning, easy prep, easy clean up.
Whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner, summer is all about stress free days. Even though I work at home, I still want to be able to work less in the summer and be in an out of kitchen so we can go enjoy a beach day here and there.
Making your move is all about getting outside as a family to do outdoor activities, being together and just having fun! Making my move as a mom, means helping my kids get off electronics and enjoy the fabulous weather we are lucky enough to have in New England.
Between a busy summer of vacationing in Florida, cubscout camp week and Vacation Bible School at our local church, we hadn't yet had a beach day. I changed that this last week. But before we headed out I shopped at Kohl's for a new towel, flip flops and sunglasses, I was overdue!
Last week for this campaign I brought you my Easy Low Carb Chocolate Pots De Creme served up in Mason jars for easy entertaining.
But today I bring you an easy summer finger food that can be served as an appetizer, in a wrap or for a low carb beach lunch like I chose to do.
Zucchini from the garden, fresh parsley and a nice ripe avocado make for a super tasty, summer chicken salad rolled up in a veggie. Can't beat that for easy! Once made, plop in a container and stick in the fridge for the next day!
It was cooler by the water the day we went to our beach. That pretty soft towel was just right to keep the sun off my legs. Even though the water was cold, my kids, except for one, went in the chilly water as well as other beach lovers.
I have to be extremely hot and sweaty to dip my toes. I'd rather relax in my chair watching my kids play in the sand and water and take photographs. That is my kind of peace.
I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are!
#Makingyourmove is easy when you think about it. Do something you love, with those you love, makes for a healthy, happy person on the inside and out!
Low Carb Chicken Avocado Zucchini Roll Ups
- 2 large zucchini
- 16 ounces cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1 ripe avocado or ½ cup mashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Slice your zucchini by hand or use a mandolin lengthwise to make 12 thin slices. Set aside.
- Add your chicken to a large bowl and stir in mashed avocado until combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread chicken mixture onto zucchini slices and roll up.
- Secure with toothpicks. Add a cherry tomato if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve with Homemade Ranch Dressing from my Cookbook!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl's.