This tasty little chocolate pumpkin mug cake is a perfect treat for any time of day!
Mug cakes are the perfect way to control your portions! Making a single serving type of treat definitely helps if you have any problems with overeating. Making a keto, low carb mug cake is a great way to still feel like you're treating yourself but without spiking your blood sugar and causing you to feel like you cheated on your diet. I know for me when I first started eating this way, having a large cake or any other dessert with many servings would have caused me to want to eat a piece or two everyday. You can enjoy dessert on a keto diet but you still need to watch portions if your goal is fat loss. This easy mug cake will be just right for the days a little chocolate craving hits.
Chocolate Pumpkin Combo
The combination of chocolate and pumpkin are the essence of all things in the fall season. A rich chocolatey flavor combined with pumpkin and spices makes for one moist and delicious little keto mug cake! I'm totally into all things chocolate and pumpkin and have some other amazing recipes you might want to try, like my Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Cake and my Chocolate Pumpkin Bread.
Meal Plan Membership
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Low Carb Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoon almond flour heaping
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour heaping
- ½ teaspoon baking powder GF
- 2 tablespoon Swerve confectioners
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil extra virgin coconut oil or butter or ghee, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract sugar-free
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree 100% natural
- 1 large egg
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mug (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, Swerve, cacao and pumpkin pie spice). Stir until combined. Add the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond milk, pumpkin puree and egg). Mix to combine.
- Place in the microwave for 2 - 2.5 minutes on high (heating at 30 second intervals after about 1.5 minutes. Keep checking it until it reaches your desired consistency.) Don’t overdo it as it will set a little when it cools. When done, remove from the microwave and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with optional keto ice cream, yogurt, or whipped cream.
- Oven Directions: Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C / 160 fan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until you can insert and remove a toothpick without any crumbs sticking. Make sure your mug is oven safe or make in a ceramic ramekin instead.
- Storage: Best fresh
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.