This Keto Sugar-Free, Low Carb but Nut Free Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is gluten free and grain free as well!
Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
It’s the season for all things pumpkin and the combo of chocolate and pumpkin in bread form has always and will continue to be the worlds best of the best of the fall recipes!
You just can’t beat the combination. The pumpkin adds just a small hint of flavor but adds just moisture and softness, almost the same texture as a banana bread, it’s hard not to love it.
Grain Free Pumpkin Bread
Making it low carb, gluten free and also grain free was no easy task! I’ve had to experiment with the amounts of of everything from the butter, sweetener to the flours used. Six times was the magic number because I wanted it to be my very best recipe. I wanted to show how fabulous a pumpkin bread could be using non traditional ingredients.
Nut Free Pumpkin Bread
My ingredients of choice also need to be nut free, another difficult task in the low carb baking world. Embracing coconut flour has been the hardest skill I’ve had to tackle but once I finally get the best, it’s a task well worth my time and effort.
Super moist and full of chocolate and pumpkin flavor. My youngest son who has the tree nut allergy is not a fan of anything flavor of coconut. He is also the greatest detector of coconut in my recipes and a tough critic. He loved this bread and could not taste any coconut flavor. The other ingredients are the star in this hearty and dense bread.
Toast it with butter or top with some sugar free whipped cream. You could probably even turn these into muffins!
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes?
Sugar-Free Low Carb Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free Low Carb Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (Nut Free)
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Swerve granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp dried pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree canned, not pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp chocolate liquid stevia
- optional toppings: raw unsalted pumpkin seeds sugar-free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk the first 8 ingredients together. Set aside.
In a stand mixer add the eggs and pumpkin and blend until combined.
Add remaining ingredients except optional toppings.
Once combined pour in half the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and blend until incorporated.
Add remaining dry ingredients and blend until combined well.
Pour batter into a parchment lined 9 by 5 loaf pan.
Top with optional toppings if desired.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes then remove onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Net Carbs: 4g
This recipe was originally posted in September of 2016 and updated with video in 2018.
- If you use another granulated sweetener other than Swerve, I would suggest omitting the liquid stevia. Swerve is less sweet than most granulated sugar free subs. I have tried using Sukrin brown sugar sub and it was actually not as sweet as using the Swerve sweetener. I tried this without any liquid stevia, using both Sukrin and Swerve and neither had enough sweetness on their own.
- I've made this 6 times using different amount of coconut flour, cocoa and flaxseed. This is the perfect texture. Replacing the coconut flour with almond would not be equal to replace each other. I have not tried this using almond flour since my youngest has a tree nut allergy.
- I've not tried subbing the butter but I do think using avocado oil or coconut oil would work as well in place of the same amount of butter I used.