This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Savory Cloud Bread Cheddar Waffles are keto, low carb, grain free and gluten free using my Cloud Bread recipe for the batter!
Best Cloud Bread Recipe
When you start with a good breakfast, the rest of the day seems to go just as well. These are perfect for busy Back-to-School mornings because they can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for easy heating, grabbing and going! Super Easy, Tasty, Low Carb Cloud Bread Waffles!
Keto Cloud Bread
Topping these scrumptious waffles with an egg and bacon is of course totally optional and may not be part of your typical work week kind of breakfast, but when you have some extra time, totally worth it! Make these Easy Keto Cloud Bread Waffles on the weekend for the busy week ahead!
Savory Cloud Bread Recipe for Waffles
They’re light and fluffy and practically zero carbs! No grains, no gluten and all good. Whether you’re watching your carbs or not, you can’t deny waffles are comfort food. Why not enjoy them with a little bit of savory for a change if you’ve never had them. The addition of shredded cheddar brings out a unique taste and one that you’ll want again and again.
You could also make these without the cheddar, no worries if you’re not a fan. But paired with bacon and eggs and that cheddar is what takes each bite over the top, especially with an oozing yolk!
Cloud Bread Waffles Kid Approved!
My kids weren’t sure what to think about cheddar waffles, but one taste and they were sold on them. The picky hubby was all over these and soaked up all that oozy yolk with the waffles. He’s been asking when I’ll be making them again. Like I said, making ahead is the key here and having these ready for the family to help themselves on busy mornings during the week is how to make life less stressful, at least in my book.
Other Cloud Bread Recipes you might like:
- Cloud Bread Loaf– perfect for French Toast
- Texas Toast
- Cloud Bread Hot Dog Rolls
- Pumpkin Cloud Bread
- Cloud Bread Grilled Cheese
Low Carb Cloud Bread Cheddar Waffles
This recipe was first published in August 2016.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cloud Bread Cheddar Waffles
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Optional toppings: crispy bacon or pancetta egg, chopped fresh chives
Whisk together or use stand mixer to blend all ingredients together until well combined.
My Belgian waffle iron has a scooper it came with and is about 1/2 cup. Just make sure to cover the waffle iron with batter, use a spoon to fill batter all over if needed.
Follow your manufacturer's instructions for cooking waffles.
Remove once browned and enjoy!
Top with crispy bacon or pancetta, an egg and some fresh chives!
This recipe makes 4 large Belgian Waffles. Each waffle has 4 wedges. The serving is for half of the whole waffle or 2 wedges out of 4.
- My previous cloud bread recipes all whip the egg whites and fold them into the remaining batter. With this recipe it is not necessary to do so. The batter will be very thin, but don't worry! It works perfectly and plumps up once on the heat in the waffle iron. Saves time and uses less equipment so less cleaning too!
- You can make these sweet by eliminating the cheddar and adding about 1/4 cup of your favorite sugar free sweetener.
- I used plain whey protein powder.
- Make Ahead Storage: Once cooked and cooled completely store in a ziploc gallon bag in the fridge or an airtight container. Reheat in toaster oven for best results.