These Keto Low Carb Cloud Bread Apple Cheese Danish are gluten free, grain free and the perfect serving size!
Mini Cheese Danish
These little mini danish have a wonderful light texture using my Cloud Bread Loaf recipe with a creamy center of tasty apple mixed with cream cheese. Portion control can be more difficult for some than others and has and always continues to be a problem for me so making perfectly portioned servings works for me. I eat just one, share with my family then store away the rest. Out of sight out of mind helps me a whole lot.
But even if portion control isn't a problem for you, having individual pieces like this are great for the kids to help themselves, no slicing required. Once cooked and cooled they store in the fridge for at least 5 days.
It's an easy breakfast for busy Grab-N-Go kind of mornings!
Sliced apples on top is totally optional. I added them to all the pieces because I knew my crew would be eating them up before I could even store them all. Waiting to add the slices before serving is also an option.
I topped them with a little drizzle of Sukrin Gold Fiber syrup which is sugar free and resembles maple syrup. This is totally optional but it adds a nice flavor and color on top.
I'm inspired by many things when I make my recipes, TV cooking shows, food magazines, friends recipes, Pinterest and other bloggers. While I've made a few Cloud Bread recipes and had originally planned to use my Fat Head dough for these mini danish, I decided to try my Cloud Bread instead after seeing how lovely my friend Lisa's recipe looked. I do still think if you want a little more substance than the Cloud Bread, using my Low Carb Fat Head Dough like in my Traditonal Cheese Danish recipe would work perfectly too.
Easy video for you!
Here's my Orginial Cheese Danish recipe using my fat head dough I adapted from.
Keto Low Carb Cloud Bread Apple Danish
Mini Low Carb Cloud Bread Apple Cheese Danish
Cloud Bread Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- Optional: slices of apple to garnish Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Place your egg whites in a stand mixer with the cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks. Set aside. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the remaining cloud bread ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in a small amount of egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it's all incorporated. Make 18 rolls by scooping the mixture on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place all filling ingredients in a stand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Make small indentions in the rolls to add the filling. Use a cookie scoop or add 2 tablespoon of filling to each roll.
- Bake 25- 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Top with slices of apple and sugar free maple syrup if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.