Low Carb Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites are the perfect make ahead, grab-n-go breakfast!
This little recipe came to my mind about a year ago believe it or not.
And yes it has taken me that long to actually get around trying out my little idea.
It all started last year when I made these fantastic low carb everything bagels and still make them because my family eats them up!
Making them into a mini muffin type was my first thought, you know, easy grab-n-go style. And while my boys aren't much for the cream cheese, my daughter, hubby and I are and loved these!
Side note: How can one not like cream cheese if they like cheesecake? I mention that to them all.the.time.makes.no.sense.
Anyway, fairly simple batter mixture then plop in the frozen cream cheese balls!
I topped these with a little Sukrin Gold brown sugar sub and done!
Pop them in the fridge or freezer then thaw the night before you want them for breakfast. We ate them right from the fridge, but of course if you want to warm them a bit that's good too.
- If you don't have cinnamon liquid stevia, just use vanilla stevia or your favorite sweetener equal to ½ cup sugar.
- Here's my conversion chart that might help!
- Don't like how many it makes? Simple: cut recipe ingredients in half.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites
- Make your filling first because they need to freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Make filling by adding all ingredients to a stand mixer and blending on high until smooth.
- Using a mini cookie scoop, make 72 cream cheese balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make bagel bites, add the eggs and sour cream and blend until combined well.
- Add remaining bagel ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Spray mini muffin cups with olive oil cooking spray. (Batter makes 6 dozen mini bagel bites)
- Pour batter into each cup.
- Drop one cream cheese ball into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then remove by using a knife around edges to loosen.
- Enjoy immediately then refrigerate or freeze left overs.