Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts are perfectly moist and with all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza, even non chicken breast lovers will enjoy this!
I can admit it.
Dark meat chicken is moister. Tastier. More filling and satisfying.
Taking boring chicken breasts and rolling them up with pizza toppings makes a ho- hum kind of meal into extra-ordinary and a family approved winning recipe!
You don't have to smother your chicken breasts in tomato sauce and you might not even like tomato sauce. But if you do I've got a fabulous Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce just perfect for this meal!
To be honest, I am a sauce lover and my kids, not so much. They prefer no sauce when it comes to Italian type meals. I feel terribly sorry for them and hope one day to win them over to my side, the Italian sauce side. 🙂
You can obviously skip the pepperoni if your crew isn't into it, but personally it provides a nice spicy bite!
You can even make this ahead. Cool Completely, refrigerate or freeze for an easy weeknight meal.
For the record, although my kids really don't like tomato sauce, they all ate this up. Picky daughter doesn't like anything spicy and picked out the pepperoni, other than that, it was a huge hit in my house!
Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 ½ pounds or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise for thinner breasts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups no sugar added tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts with mallet to thin out for easier rolling.
- Whisk the seasonings together and sprinkle over the breasts.
- Place 4 slices of pepperoni on each breast.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the pepperoni.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce in the baking dish and spread around to cover the bottom of dish.
- Roll each breast up and place seam side down into dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes.