This easy recipe for Sea Bass wrapped in prosciutto baked with low carb veggies on a single baking tray, takes less than 10 minutes to prep, making this a great option for any night of the week! If you're ready to change up your typical salmon fish recipe, and try another delicious fatty fish, this restaurant-quality meal will please the whole family!
Sea Bass Varieties
All varieties of Sea bass are similar in taste. It is a super tasty white fish with a nice, mild flavor.
This flaky fish has a firm texture but buttery flavor and is low in calories, high in healthy fats, like Omega 3 Fatty Acids and is also a great source of selenium, which helps support your thyroid.
A Blue Spotted Sea Bass is a Grouper.
Chilean Sea Bass is a Patagonian Toothfish, not a Bass, and inhabits the waters around South America and the Antarctic.
European Sea Bass is a Bass found in European waters, the Mediterranean and Black Seas.
Baking on a baking sheet pan is the easiest method for cooking this versatile type of fish.
Low Carb Keto Side Dishes to Serve with Sea Bass
You can really add whatever low carb vegetables you enjoy to make it a complete meal.
You could also make the sea bass fillets on their own and add any of these delicious side dishes with your main course.
We didn't add any pork rind panko breadcrumbs since we chose to wrap the fish fillets with the rich flavor of prosciutto.
While the fish cooks, the prosciutto takes this fresh fish to the next level in scrumptiousness!
To get the sea bass nice and crisp you pop it under the broiler first like I did so you get more of a crisp skin then roasting it in the oven with all the veggies gets the parma ham nice and crisp too and it’s all in one sheet pan!
What Can I Replace Prosciutto with?
If you don't want to use prosciutto, you could replace it with thinly sliced deli ham or strips of bacon.
How do I know the Bass Filets are Cooked?
Use a fork to gently separate the fish filets. If the fish flakes apart, it's cooked.
How to Store leftover Sea Bass?
Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
More Low Carb Sheet Pan Dinners
These delicious dinners are low carb, keto and easy!
Easy Sea Bass Sheet Pan Recipe
Sheet Pan Low Carb Sea Bass Wrapped in Prosciutto
- 8 ounces sea bass fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt divided, half for sea bass, half for vegetables
- ½ teaspoon black pepper cracked, divided, half for sea bass, half for vegetables
- 2 tablespoon sun dried tomato paste
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup red pepper deseeded, diced
- 1 cup zucchini deseeded, cut into 1 cm thick half moons
- 6 spares asparagus halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder Optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, like parsley or basil, chopped, and fresh lemon slices chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- Season the sea bass with salt and pepper and cut 3 slits in the skin.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomato paste across the top of each fillet (flesh side).
- Place on your baking sheet skin side up. Grill for 2 - 3 mins to get the skin a little crisp.
- Remove from the oven and wrap 3 strips of prosciutto around each fillet.
- Place back on the baking tray skin side up and add the veggies around. Drizzle with olive oil and season the veggies with salt, pepper, dried herbs and optional garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 - 30 mins until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and lemon zest and juice to serve.
- Storage: Best fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day.