Mini Sante Fe Frittata's are the perfect make ahead meal for busy families!
Making frittata's isn't a lot of work at all, but when you can make little individual ones in the oven, it just got even easier! Who hasn't had a rushed morning when you think there's not time for a healthy breakfast? These make ahead frittata's are the perfect solution. Easy, healthy and pick-up-able for on the go!
When I saw the opportunity to create a recipe for Eggland's Best Eggs I jumped at it! I always knew they were the freshest eggs I could buy in my market but I never knew how much better they compared to ordinary eggs everywhere else.
Egglands' Best Eggs have:
- 25% less saturfated fat
- 10 times more Vitamin E
- 4x more Vitamin D
- More than double the Omega-3
- 3 times more Vitamin B12
- 38% more Lutein
Those facts alone are wonderful, but not only that, did you know Eggland's eggs are delivered to supermarkets within 3 days of hatching? Yes! Awesome to know I'm getting as fresh as they come! Eggland's Best eggs do not feed their hens feed that contains any hormones, steroids or antibiotics which really make they the best choice for eggs available in any market. You will find some great egg recipe ideas on their Pinterest page as well as Facebook page.
You could make this recipe in a 9 by 13 baking dish as a large casserole and cut pieces, or try it in a regular muffin tin, either way the whole family will love this twist on the typical egg frittata. You can change the pork sausage to nitrate free bacon instead or leave out any meat all together and just enjoy a veggie frittata.
Top these with some salsa, sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro and you've got not only a healthy beautiful breakfast or brunch recipe, but a hearty and satisfying one as well. No one will be asking for snacks an hour after this protein filled breakfast.
Mini Sante Fe Frittata's
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 2 cups red & yellow diced sweet peppers
- 10 Eggland's Best eggs
- ½ cup milk 1%
- ⅓ cup Eggland's 100% Liquid egg whites or 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- optional: fresh chopped cilantro green onions, salsa, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a medium hot skillet until cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon remove and set aside.
- Using same skillet, saute peppers until softened.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- Divide sausage and peppers among a 12 capacity muffin tin.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into each then sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of cheese unto each.
- Use a fork to stir mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Eggland's Best . The opinions and text are all mine.