No Bake Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies are an easy recipe for the holidays!
Holiday cookie making can become quite an invloved task for some, for others it's a carefree delight. For a few of us who want the cookies but don't seem to have the time to make all the ones we so desire and make them healthier, we may just skip it altogether.
Sometimes the result of making new healthier cookie recipes is a failing cookie recipe that not only makes our holiday cheer dissolve, but removes the motivation to try anymore. That's where this cookie comes into to play!
Today you are given the gift of the no bake cookie. Yes many varieties exist out there in web land and of course Pinterest. But do you think this one even looks like a no bake cookie? I don't think it does and anyone who tries this recipe will only taste the fudgey and moist texture these cookies have.
My other no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe on the blog is equally delicious and nut free and they are quite large. Making a tinier adapted version of those then flattening them a bit to resemble a regular type cookie turned them from the typical no bake look to a more elegant Christmas cookie look, in my humble opinion.
Drizzling melted sugar free chocolate on top make them appear like you slaved all day in the kitchen which is far, very far from the truth. 🙂 You could skip the chocolate drizzle, if you really are looking to reduce the calories and fat. The sugar free chocolate chips from Whole Foods by the brand Lily's is sweetened with stevia and although less calories still adding them on top does increase the nutrition info. Here's a look at the stats if your curious:
If the drizzle calories put you into panic mode simply skip it and enjoy as nice little no bake cookies, still just as yummy.
Notes on Substitutions:
- I've made these twice once with peanut butter for the hubby and daughter and once with sunbutter in place of the peanut butter so my boys could try them since they have allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. To be honest they are not fond of sunbutter alone or in a sandwich but hidden in these cookies and they have no idea and everyone loved them!
- If you can't find sugar free chocolate chips you could use carob chips, Enjoy life chocolate chips for an allergy friendly chip, or use 4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate and add enough stevia to your liking to sweeten them up.
- If you don't have stevia simply add your favorite sweetener of choice, again just mix all ingredients together and add sweetener of choice at the end. Start with a small amount, if using honey, just at ¼ cup to start.
- I have not tried replacing the dairy butter with coconut oil but I believe it would work.
- I have not tried replacing milk with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk but I believe both would be good options for a dairy free version.
Nutrition Info here is without optional chocolate drizzled on top.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
No Bake Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter or sunbutter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup milk 1%
- Optional: 3 packets powdered stevia
- Optional topping drizzle: ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips melted
Add the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips to a small sauce pan and heat on low until melted.
In a large bowl add the oats and milk.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the oats.
Taste the mixture, if it is sweet enough for you skip the stevia, if not add in now and stir to combine well.
Using a small cookie scoop, make 18 balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
You can leave this way and refrigerate to harden or flatten the balls into small discs and drizzle melted chocolate over each.
Refrigerate until hardened.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*