This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Easy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin may change your mind about Brussels Sprouts forever! It’s gluten free, grain free and low carb!
When it comes to simple side dishes, this is one of the easiest and might I add, tastiest ones you will ever make.
Now I realize many of you may not be fans of Brussels Sprouts. And that is ok.
But, you must try this recipe once. Or at least take a bite of someone else who’s made it and decide for yourself before questioning me. This recipe may certainly change your mind forever!
My motives are plain and simple. I like green vegetables. I want my kids to eat green vegetables. I like cheese. I have come to the conclusion that if I want my kids to eat most green vegetables, cheese will do the trick.
They are like their momma and cheese lovers all the way! Of course I love these with just some butter and salt but for the kids or for a special occasion this is an outstanding side dish!
I actually made this side dish for Christmas this year for my parents, brother and my family. They loved it. Just something a little different than green beans or broccoli with our ham.
It’s cheesy goodness might win you over as well!
- If you don’t want to use heavy cream, try half and half or milk, which reduces the fat a bit.
- Not a fan of the cheeses I used? Change that out for what you like.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts stems removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white cheddar grated, I used Wisconsin Cheese
- zest of 1 lemon or 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/3 cup Asiago cheese grated
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice Brussels Sprouts in half and toss with oil in a bowl.
- Place them on a baking pan or cast iron skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the heavy cream, cheddar, lemon zest and pepper.
- Pour over the Brussels Sprouts.
- Sprinkle with grated Asiago.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling and steaming hot.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.