Need a healthy snack while watching your weight? This recipe is perfect for you!
No fat, no added sugar, protein included and only 9 calories for one! Or reduce the amount, make only 12 and still only 18 calories for one! Fantastic I say!
They taste like an orange creamsicle! Do you remember those as a kid sold from the ice cream truck? I do! I loved them. So these are pretty similar, not quite like ice cream..... but hey..... for practically no calories or fat they are just fine for me. Hope you think so too!
My hubby and younger two loved them. Of course the oldest picky child thinks they are too tart. WHATEVER. More for all of us. Sometimes I just can't win them all!
You may think the orange juice will be sweet enough for you and not need any stevia or sweetener, but the vanilla extract is a must. Just remember using the plain Greek yogurt is a bit tart on its own as well. Another option is to use Greek yogurt that is flavored with vanilla. But of course that has added sugars in it.
This is a winner in our house...... four out of five isn't bad. 😉
Servings: 24* Calories for one: 9* Fat: 0* Fiber: 0* Carbs: 1g* Protein: 1g* Points+: 0*
Servings:12* Calories: 18* Fat: 0* Fiber: 0* Carbs: 3g* Protein: 1g* Points+: 0*
This recipe is being shared at Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesday, Women Living Well, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Feasting In Fellowship, Whipperberry, Tidymom.
- If you are giving them to your children Popsicle sticks might be better to use than toothpicks.
- My mini ice cube tray held about ½ ounce or little less than a tablespoon in each cup.
- To get that orange color at the top of the pop, add a small amount of frozen orange juice to the bottom of each mold, then add the yogurt mixture on top.
- Any ice cube tray would work or look for a Popsicle mold if you like.
- If using a large Popsicle mold you will need to double the recipe.
- I recommend a silicone tray because it is easier to pop out the pops from the bottom using your thumb.
- I found this cute heart shaped ice cube tray that holds a dozen.
Kitchen Collection Silicone Heart Ice Tray
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
- ½ cup frozen orange juice from concentrate, no added sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sweetleaf Stevia, vanilla creme, liquid form
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the yogurt in a bowl with the orange juice.
- Once well blended add the stevia and vanilla extract.
- If you want the orange color at the top of the pop, add some frozen juice to the bottom of each cup first.
- Pour the yogurt mix carefully into each ice cube cup.
- Insert a toothpick into each.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until hardened.
- When ready to serve, let them sit on the counter for a minute or two, then from the bottom push up and they should pop out easily.
Need some other healthy snacks? Try Crispy&Sweet Garbanzo Beans, Homemade Jello, or Baked Apple Crisp Chips.
This look like very testy and i know my kids love it.
Josies @ Frozen Yogurt Las Vegas
This one is yummiest. Nice to find your blog and to know about this recipe. Surely will try. Thank you for sharing.
I am allergic to oranges. Do you think pineapple would work too?
This looks very good. I found it through Pinterest. I was wondering what can be substituted for the Stevia since I can not find it locally, and I really don't want to order it online. We want it now 😉
You could use 1/4 - 1/2 cup of honey, taste it and see if its sweet enough.
Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe on Allergy-Free Wednesdays Brenda! Be sure to check back next week for recipe highlights (including the top 3 reader choice submissions and hostess favorites).
Jill @ Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty friday link party and would LOVE for you to share this!
http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_15.html We have also included a Sugarlicious giveaway!
These sound awesome! Thank you!
The Better Baker
I have everything on hand and LOVE dreamsicles. Thanks so much for sharing this. I will be enjoying it soon. Hugs to you for being so helpful!
Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
These look so delicious Brenda! I love orange and vanilla together. 4 out of 5 isn't bad-I would say it's a winner!
Oh my gosh, I think I love you. haha! I just found your site and it's amazing. I've been "eating clean" for over a year now and I just found out I'm pregnant. I want to keep up this lifestyle with my new baby but I wasnt sure how - I'm not going to have any problems now. Thanks so much!!
Congrats on your pregnancy!
Looks great! Had to radically change my diet for health reasons. My biggest challenge was giving up sugar - you're recipes and ideas have made it a no brainer! Bonus - my kids don't mind at all! Thank you!! Next hurdle - give up Diet Coke.........
Thanks! But Oh I am so convicted. I still have one Diet coke at day 🙁
My one and only New Year's resolution -give up Diet Coke. It was so hard the first month in January - I CRAVED it - dreamed about the fizzy taste in my mouth. But I can honestly say that now I don't miss it or even want it anymore.
I used to LOVE Diet Coke. I was an addict! I've been off it for over a year now though and it's made such a difference in how I feel. Keep it up! You can do it! Trust me if I can, anyone can. 🙂
I decided to quit Diet Coke altogether, I went from having almost 4- 2liters a week then cut it in half, now I quit it altogether, 7 days so far no Diet Coke, the worse was the headaches the next couple of days after I quit, now I am not craving it but my problem will be when we go out to eat, anyways Congratulations to all who areally quitting drinking it! This site is awesome and I have changed quite a bit of my eating habits! God Bless!
What a fabulous snack! So easy and handle. I'm sure eating one makes you feel like a kid! 🙂
Is that an ice-cube tray you used in the photos or a mini-muffin pan with small plastic cups inserted? These look yummy - something to make when the weather gets warmer.
Its a mini ice cube tray I found at a dollar store LOL! But a mini muffin pan will work too 🙂
Lindsay @ Chobani
Yum, these look great! So simple and perfect for summertime right around the corner. Thanks for including us in this recipe, feel free to email me if you ever need a fresh supply of CHO to whip up another batch!
Awesome, I will!
these look yummy! thanks!