These Easy Crispy Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips are gluten free, grain free, keto and low carb too! You can make them in a dehydrator, oven or air fryer!
Easy Zucchini Chips
These easy low carb zucchini chips are a hit for any party! Salt and vinegar flavor and very few carbs so it's a guilt free chip!
Christmas is over and New Year's Eve is upon us. As a mom of 3, going out to a New Year's Eve party hasn't happened in years!
I'm not proud of this fact, I wish it were different sometimes, but it is what it is.
We are party poopers. In recent years the hubby hasn't even made it up to midnight lol!
The last time the hubby and I went out for a night on the town was when I was pregnant with my first born who is going to be 15 in May! That tells you though we much prefer to be home with our family anyway. We could probably get a babysitter but like I said, we prefer home with our kids to going out to a party.
A few friends in recent years who have children as well have had an annual party and you bring the kids. It's a great idea if you don't mind driving after midnight with cranky, tried kids in the car.
But what I won't pass on is the opportunity to celebrate the incoming New Year with the ones I love and with awesome, stress free food. After the holiday baking, gift buying and wrapping I'm all set with involved recipes that require too much of my time.
I want easy. I want yummy. I want to relax with my family rather than be in the kitchen.
This recipe is a perfect home run for me. I love picky finger foods for New Year's Eve. Just something about watching the Dick Clark or I guess I should say now the Ryan Seacrest New Year's Eve Countdown and enjoying light bites in front of the TV.
How to Make Zucchini Chips in the Oven
You can make this recipe in the oven if you don't have a dehydrator.To make in the oven:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly.
Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHIPS
To make these zucchini chips in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 250 degrees F.
Toss zucchini in the oil, vinegar and lay your zucchini chips on the basket, slightly overlapping is fine.
Sprinkle with salt. Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip over to the other side. Sprinkle with salt. Air fry for another 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness.
How to Make Crispy Zucchini Chips
The key to making a real good crispy chip out of zucchini is all in how you slice it. Use a mandolin or food processor to get the slices as thin as possible.
Toss with my other ingredients and you'll be in denial how fantastic these are!
My favorite and preferred method for making crispy chips is always the dehydrator above the other cooking options. The oven is good and the air fryer is quicker but the dehydrator makes them the crispiest zucchini chips.
Enjoy the New Year's bash at home or at a party and bring these! Everyone will want them so you might want to make double! You know where I will be.....home in my pj's enjoying a serving or two or these healthy chips!
Low Carb Appetizers you might enjoy:
- Mayo Free Spinach Dip with veggie Kabobs
- Spicy Mediterranean Feta Dip
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Bacon Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- Homemade Ranch Zucchini Chips!
- Sour Cream & Onion Cucumber Chips!
- Homemade White Cheddar Cucumber Chips
BEST TIPS FOR ZUCCHINI CHIPS
You can use any oil you prefer. I've made this with olive oil, and avocado oil . Avocado oil has a more mild flavor than olive oil but either will work.
You can use a mandolin to slice or just slice thin with a knife. You will get more slices using the mandolin, but either thick or thin they are both equally delicious.
I've not swapped the vinegar for any other as I feel the White Balsamic is the best choice in this recipe, it's light and slightly sweet.
This is the dehydrator I use.
Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips
Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- 8 ounces zucchini thinly sliced, about 2 medium, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Use a mandolin or slice zucchini as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours. My temperature setting was 135 degrees F.
- To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat your air fryer to 250 degrees F. Lay zucchini slices onto basket, slightly overlapping, you may need to do this in two batches. Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip over. Air fry for another 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Store chips in an airtight container.