This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Dip is the easiest and tastiest healthy appetizer for any party! Naturally gluten free and low carb too!
Even if your not a fan of eggplant, roasting it with some garlic and adding a few other ingredients makes it a perfect dip for veggies and healthy chips, and might just win you over!
I’m always looking for ideas when it comes to entertaining and with Easter coming up soon I knew I’d be having my family over. Often it’s those picky foods before a meal that cause us to overload on calories way before we even sit down to the main course. Creating a tasty dip to offer with veggies is the best way to not get filled up on fried or unhealthy appetizers.
Curious how this dip came to be? I had a small eggplant I had planned to use in another recipe but chose to skip it and there it was sitting in my vegetable drawer, eyeing me every day and of course I felt guilt for buying it and not using it. So before it went bad I decided to simply roast it with some garlic and onion! Easy enough right? Process it all up and boom, a terrific dip!
You can really enjoy this dip with whatever veggies you fancy! I’m partial to sweet mini peppers and carrots, but stuffing some celery stalks with this dip would be equally as delicious!
The homemade chips you see here are brown rice tortilla chips I found at Whole Foods by the brand Engine 2. I then simply sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray and toasted them with a sprinkle of garlic salt!
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve then sprinkle on some chopped fresh parsley. This dip gives the perfect fresh, smooth, tangy and creamy bite for the cold crisp veggies!
- Most servings for dip give you only 2 tablespoons and realistically who eats just 2 tablespoons right? My serving portion I think is more appropriate at a 1/4 cup which is about 4 tablespoons. Not bad in calories for that amount of a serving but you could always reduce the nutrition info by half if you prefer to enjoy less.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Dip
- 1 small eggplant about 8 ounces stem removed, peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional topping: 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice eggplant and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Top with onion and garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with oil and bake 40 minutes. Flip over after 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- In a food processor add eggplant and pulse until desired consistency.
- Transfer eggplant to a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust salt if needed,
- Top with fresh parsley.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*