What's better than a tasty and satisfying dinner that is easy and grain free? Nothing better in my mind. These crepes are low in carbs and high in protein and taste like you're enjoying a baked pasta dish!
Serve up with a nice side salad and dinner is ready!
Now don't get me wrong, I'm Italian and I like pasta like the next person but I try to limit how much I have weekly. So any meal that can make me feel like I'm enjoying pasta is a win for me!
The thinly sliced green you see is actually spinach. Try basil or leave out any green if you'd like. I always try to get in some greens in my recipes. Two types of cheese are added here. They melt amazingly well and add a lot flavor!
Roll them up seam side down and you've got a fantastic meal!
Top with some marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
These are very easy to make and because they are so thin, you won't even need to flip them over like typical crepes. Easiest crepe you'll ever make and perfect for a Meatless Monday dinner!
Savory Flourless Baked Cheese Crepes [Gluten Free]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat a 6 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of egg mixture in the skillet, swirl around, cook until set about 1 minute.
- Carefully slide it off the skillet onto waxed or parchment paper to cool.
- Follow same procedure until no more batter is left.
- To assemble crepes: Add 3-4 cubes of fontina, 3-4 cubes of mozzarella, cover with spinach and fold sides over. Lay seem side down in baking dish. Top crepes with marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese and bake 15 minutes.