This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Soba Noodle Vegetable Salad is a healthy, meat free salad able to hold it’s own as an entree!
If you’re looking to reduce the amount of meat you eat during the week, this salad is a satisfyingly delicious meal that won’t leave you missing the meat. Filled with an ample amount of protein from veggies and edamame and a tasty sesame peanut dressing this meal can be made in under 20 minutes.
Fast, easy but healthy recipes are a mom’s best friend, don’t you think?
You can most certainly add any protein to this salad, it’s completely up to you. Shrimp, grilled chicken, even steak would be fabulous! The first time I tried Soba noodles was at Panera Bread restaurant and theirs was served with shrimp. I got hooked ever since and decided to make my own version at home.
Soba is the Japanese name for buckwheat. They are thin noodles made from buckwheat flour, but when purchasing make sure you look for 100% buckwheat noodles. A bit more expensive but this way you will avoid other ingredients like wheat flour that is added to some packages. Soba noodles can be served chilled or hot in soup. Buckwheat is gluten free so it’s a great choice and change from typical brown rice pastas.
**Please note if you are on my Sugar Detox Program, this recipe is a Phase 2 only recipe.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Soba Noodle Vegetable Salad with Sesame Peanut Dressing
- 8 ounces 100% Soba buckwheat noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shelled edamame soy beans
- 1 cup sliced red peppers
- 1 cup sliced orange peppers
- 1 cup pea shoots or bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sesame Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup no sugar added peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 limes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped, scallions
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook soba noodles according to package.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking noodles, add broccoli florets.
- Drain and place both into a serving bowl.
- Toss in remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Toss gently into soba and vegetables.
- Top with fresh mint and scallions if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 8*