Chicken Avocado Salad Spring Rolls are a healthy, easy, no cooking required recipe that comes together in no time at all!
Sometimes making one recipe leads to another and in this case that happened. If you follow my blog you may remember the Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls recipe and yum they are so good! But once you buy that package of rice paper wrappers, man you’ve got a LOT of them left over! So they’ve been sitting in my pantry in a plastic bag waiting for me to do something else with them!
Introducing………a CREAMY CHICKEN SALAD (without mayo) in a Fresh Spring ROLL that’s Low Cal, Low Carb and AMAZING!
The other item that’s been on my never ending to-do list is wanting to make a avocado chicken salad. Having ripe avocados on hand is key here, but when you do this chicken salad is a winner! You can certainly make this chicken avocado salad and skip the whole spring roll wrapping if you like. Just top it on a bed of lettuce or in a whole grain pita instead.
As you can see no rice noodles are included in this recipe. I wanted a no cooking needed, low cal dish since I was adding the avocado which is higher in fat and calories, I decided to skip them. They can always be included if you prefer.
A few Notes on this recipe:
- I wouldn’t suggest making the spring rolls a day ahead otherwise the rice wrappers will get soggy. Make when you are ready to enjoy. You can definitely make ahead the chicken salad and keep in the fridge until ready to wrap them in the rice papers.
- The key here with the veggies is to chop them small, mine were a bit too chunky in these pics and it makes it harder to wrap them.
- You can always double up on the rice wrappers if you like since they are super thin.
- There are no rice noodles in this recipe, but you could add them if you like. See my Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls for more on that.
- Serves: 10
- Serving size: 1 spring roll
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: .6g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6g
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 72mg
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 6 ounce cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup shaved carrot
- ¼ cup red onion slices
- In a bowl add chicken, cucumber, tomatoes.
- Mash avocado and lemon juice in with the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl with warm water, that is large enough to fit the rice paper wrapper in without breaking it, .
- Place one rice wrapper into the warm water and let sit for a few seconds, flip over and sit for a few seconds more.
- Lay a damp towel down onto cutting board and carefully lay wet rice wrapper.
- Place another rice wrapper in water while proceeding to the filling.
- In the middle of the wet rice wrapper lay one or two mint leaves, ¼ cup chicken avocado salad, some shaved carrot, 1 or 2 onion slices and another mint leaf.
- Roll up sides and bottom and continue with the rest of the rice paper wrappers until you have 10.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate.