Single Serve Mint Chocolate Flax Muffin is a gluten free, low carb and sugar free breakfast or snack anytime recipe!
Would you believe you could have a mint chocolatey muffin for breakfast when you’re looking to lose weight? How about a muffin like this that is only 100 calories and low in carbs but full of fiber and protein?? Dreaming you are not. Possible and made in 2 minutes in a microwave or a bit longer in the oven. Either way it’s a match made in heaven for any busy working person who needs a hearty, but healthy breakfast !
This recipe idea came to me after I made my other two versions of this single serve muffin, a pumpkin flavor and a peanut butter flavor. Someone on the blog had asked for a chocolate version and I was more than happy to oblige but I wanted a little change of pace from a standard chocolate muffin. So mint was the choice! You can certainly choose to eliminate the peppermint extract if you’re not a fan and just use vanilla extract and vanilla or chocolate flavored stevia.
Super moist and filled with fiber so it’s completely filling and satisfying! You’ll be glad you only can make one at a time because you may want to overindulge in this beautiful muffin! Topped here with a little Greek Yogurt and cacao nibs!
**This recipe can be substituted for any breakfast or snack recipe in Week 3 of my Sugar Detox plan.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Sugar: .1g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 270mg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 droppers full peppermint stevia
- 1/4 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Grease a 7 ounce ramekin and pour batter into dish.
- Microwave 2 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean or bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10-15minutes.
Other Single Serve Muffins you might like: