This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
January is the perfect time to increase your vitamin C with some delicious citrus fruits! This recipe uses clementines but you can certainly substitute any other citrus you prefer.
Serve for breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert; whatever you want it to be, it will be nothing short of amazing!
Layers of sweet cinnamon quinoa and yogurt topped with some walnuts make this more like a dessert than a breakfast! If you are allergic to dairy, change the yogurt to coconut milk yogurt. You can also open a can of coconut milk, no shaking it, overnight in the fridge with the lid off, by morning it’s all cream on top, YUM!
One glass serving you see there is PACKED with 24 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber!!! Pretty great huh?!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Citrus Quinoa Parfait: [Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option]
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia or 2 packets of powdered
- dash salt
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt nonfat or coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia or 4 packets of powdered
- 1 cup segmented clementines
- optional toppings: chopped walnuts
- Place quinoa in a pot and cover with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, stevia and salt to the quinoa and mix well.
- Mix Greek yogurt with liquid stevia.
- To Assemble:
- Place 1/4 cup of quinoa into each serving glass.
- Cover quinoa with 2 ounces of yogurt.
- Top yogurt with 1/4 cup of the clementines.
- Repeat two more times.
- Top with chopped walnuts if desired.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 6*