Coffee Coconut Chia oats makes for a superfood breakfast with a morning kick start!
Coffee combined into breakfast that's dairy, sugar and gluten free! Doesn't get any better in my book. Oh wait it does, how about make once, no cooking required and eat twice, HA!! Even better right?!!
Refrigerator oats may never have been on your menu before and maybe you think cold oats won't work for you, but you gotta try this at least once before deciding folks. It's a super simple way to enjoy oats, especially in the warmer months of the year. When I was asked to sample some new coffee for Keurig Green Mountain, I jumped at the chance. As you know I am a coffee lover!
AND today is actually the first day of Spring and a with a new season comes a new Spring inspired flavor of coffee, Island Coconut!! This Island Coconut flavor is out of this world and just sings SPRING is here!! This awesome coffee will hit shelves on March 24th!!! Get it while you can as it is a LIMTED EDITION and stock up, this stuff is fantastic!!
Keurig and Green Mountain Coffee have teamed up and are now one in the same as Keurig Green Mountain! To promote their new partnership and new Spring flavor they sent a group of New England bloggers samples to try out this coffee and create recipes with this new flavor. Not only will you find new recipes from talented bloggers today using this new flavor, but Keurig Green Mountain will be giving away Island Coconut coffee to 3 winners as well as a Keurig machine to one lucky winner!!
Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!!! Someone will be winning this baby so enter the rafflecopter giveaway below for your chance!!
Fabulous Blogs sharing fabulous coconut inspired recipes all from New England and Participating in this Awesome Giveaway:
- Yankee Kitchen Ninja
- Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Running to the Kitchen
- Nutmeg Nanny
- Spiced Blog
- All Day I Dream About Food
- Bakeaholic Momma
- and me of course!
GiveAway Hosted by Keurig Green Mountain. Contest is open for United States residents only and you must be 18 years of age to enter. Good Luck! Contest ends at midnight on March 27th!
- First prize: Keurig Machine/ k-cups
- 2 Second Prizes for Island Coconut Coffee
Now on to my new Coconut Inspired Recipe.....
Brenda's Recipe Tidbits:
- You can use vanilla liquid stevia if you don't have coconut, but I highly recommend the coconut flavor since it pairs so well with the coffee. I purchase through iherb.com and my discount code is YAJ035.
- I think you could use quick oats although the rolled oats will keep the mixture less mushy, unless you like mushy. 🙂
- Do not eliminate the chia seeds as that is needed to gel the mixture overnight.
- You could sub the coconut milk for any other milk of choice.
- You can use any coffee you like, but obviously the flavor my combo provides is quite amazing...... just saying. 🙂
Coffee Coconut Refrigerator Chia Oats
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together and stir well.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
- Pour into 2 small mason jars or serving cups.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with coconut cream if desired and unsweetened shredded coconut.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this giveaway. I was sent free samples to review and to make this coconut inspired recipe. All opinions are 100% my own.