Crock Pot Low Carb Cheeseburger Chili is a cheeseburger lovers dream, all made low carb and in the slow cooker! Perfect Superbowl Food!
The slow cooker will always rule in my book.
It's been like my husband before I actually had one.
I can trust it.
It's always on time.
It usually smells luscious when I get home and produces hot and steamy dinners that make me happy.
Enough said right?
Then comes the Instant Pot.
You know the new electric plug in pressure cooker thing? Yep. That. And while I learned long ago how to use the old fashioned pressure cookers of my mothers and grandmother, this new kitchen appliance will be making appearances very soon on my blog. But not just yet.
I still love my crock pot and I think many more of you have crock pots than have Instant Pots.
Another thing I love just as much as my crock pot, burgers!
I crave burgers. Cheesy burgers too.
What I don't love is flipping them at the grill outside when it's cold out here in RI. And while my loving hubby would be happy to do that, I'm not about to let him grill us burgers in the frigid weather. And frying them in a pan on the stove is just not that good, in my opinion.
So I got creative and decided a cheeseburger like chili would be a great idea.
Mashed up with all the flavors or a juicy burger, topped with a cheddar cheese sauce!
Now usually burgers have buns.
And usually chili's are served with tortilla chips or something like that.
Not today friends.
Let me introduce you to my Cheddar Cheese Croutons made low carb from my Cheddar Sandwich Buns recipe!
So the hubby loved the chili, but wasn't crazy about my idea for the croutons. I think it was fabulous, but you can be the judge. You can serve this without my cheddar croutons, it's totally up to you. The kids, even the 15 year old picky one, ate.this.up and.asked.for more.
I mean seriously what's not to like here?
Crock Pot Low Carb Cheeseburger Chili
Cheddar Cheese sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- optional: Cheddar Croutons made from these Low Carb Sandwich Buns
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the onion in the oil until softened, add the garlic and ground beef.
- Cook until browned.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour it into the crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve prepare the cheddar cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Once melted, add the cream and sprinkle the xanthan gum, continue to stir until thickened.
- Add in the salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Remove from heat once cheese is melted.
- Stir in the relish.
- Top over chili when ready to serve.
- If using croutons simply chop the buns into pieces and toast a few minutes in the oven until crisp or to your liking.
- Add them to a bowl first then chili then top with cheese.
- Optional toppings would be more ketchup, mustard and pickles.
If the calories are a bit high for you, sub ground turkey instead of beef.
Net Carbs: 6g