This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Spicy Nacho Cheese Cucumber Chips are the perfect snack for parties! Low in carbs and oh so tasty, no one will care it’s a chip made from cucumbers!
Whether you like chips or not, these spicy nacho cheese cucumber chips must be tried at least once in your life!
A chip made with cucumber is really nothing like you’ve tried before. It’s a different flavor than using zucchini. I do love my zucchini chip creations as well, especially my Salt & Vinegar ones that went viral last year at this time. But cucumber, especially English cucumbers are a wonderful change from zucchini and offer it’s own unique flavor.
The spices and seasonings are how ordinary slices of cucumber become so much more! These are made in a dehydrator and I’m sure they could be made in an oven on a very low temperature, I haven’t made the effort to try.
I like the dehydrator for the very fact I don’t need to babysit them as if they were in an oven for a long period of time or worry they would burn.
If you’ve always loved the taste of Doritos, these will be your new happy, healthier treat!
Chips have always been my favorite type of snack at parties and making them healthier is my way to enjoy the flavors I used to love without the guilt and high carbs!
Please note: I used 1/2 tsp of chili powder and my kids could not eat them and thought they were too spicy. So try less the first time you make them if you are making them for the family.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Spicy Nacho Cheese Cucumber Chips
- 2 large English cucumbers sliced thin or about 8 cups sliced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated minced onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese or use parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lay slices of cucumber on grates of dehydrator.
- Mix the next 6 seasonings together in a bowl.
- Whisk in cheeses and stir to combine well.
- Sprinkle evenly over slices of cucumber.
- My temperature was set 135 on the dehydrator setting for fruit and veggies.
- Once crisp or to your liking, mine took about 6 hours, seal in an airtight container to store.
Net Carbs: 3.9g