This Easy Blender Ketchup is Made with No Sugar Added! It’s quick and easy, gluten free and low carb!
Do you love ketchup? Do your kids love ketchup? You can stop buying it from now on and make a healthier, better for you, version at home, EASILY!!
This recipe makes a lot so you won’t need to make it often. My younger two children who are quite picky have given it a stamp of approval! I love that it has no high fructose corn syrup!
It’s just the right texture and as smooth and luscious as what the kiddies are used to. You can use honey if you prefer it over my sugar free sweetener of choice. I’d say 1/2 a cup if you think the family needs it as sweet as store bought ketchup. With the amount I used my kids liked it this way just fine, but it’s definitely not as sweet as bottled ketchup.
I think once you taste it, you’ll never go back to buying any store bought ketchup again!
Notes on Sweetener:
- You could substitute maple syrup for honey.
- UPDATE: I’ve made this in the blender without cooking anything on the stove but I eliminated the fresh onion and used some dried minced instead. Using the blender and you can make this faster anytime you want. You can certainly still make it on the stove and I do think it provides a better mingling of flavors but in the blender is great for when you run out and have no time!
This recipe was originally posted in May of 2013. I felt that it needed to come out of the archives with new photos and video because it is such a great recipe and deserves to be featured!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Healthier Homemade Tomato Ketchup
- 28 ounce can tomato puree
- 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener or another sugar free sweetener of choice
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
Taste and adjust spices and sweetener if needed.
Store in airtight containers in the fridge.
For Stove Top cooking:
Heat oil and saute garlic until fragrant.
Add 1 cup chopped onion and cook until softened.
Pour in vinegars, sweetener of choice and salt.
Bring to a boil.
Add tomato puree and paste.
Bring to a boil.
Add in cloves and oregano.
Cook until reduced and sauce thickens about 15-20 minutes.
Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate. Makes 30 ounces. 1 ounce has 2 tbsp.
Net Carbs: 2.3g