This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
They are perfect for a meatless Monday meal and with only 5 ingredients not including salt and pepper, super easy too! If you garden you know that once you start harvesting zucchini you have quite an abundance so recipes that use many zucchini are always helpful in my mind as I hate ever wasting fresh produce!
Made mini for little fingers to easily pick up and enjoy! You could make them larger, then you’ll just have a few less than in the nutrition info below.
The key to making these crisp and not soggy is in the draining and squeezing of the shredded zucchini. Once that is done the rest is easy, just mix together and cook a few minutes in Ghee or butter. Have you tried Ghee yet? It’s a clarified butter that has no added salt or preservatives. I bought some recently and really like how it helps crisp foods up. I’ve used it to make pancakes for the kids and in a sauté with veggies and now for these. You could also just use regular butter or oil if you prefer.
My oldest who is almost 14 said he couldn’t believe I got him to eat and like zucchini! That says a lot from a picky teen! My tween daughter also loved them. I made them again for my family coming for Easter and they were a big hit. My mom said they were just as good as my cousins mother in law who always makes them for family parties and gave me her recipe. Of course as an Italian woman the recipe was a little egg, a little flour, salt and pepper…. yep that’s how it goes, so I improvised. 🙂
- I used Bob’s Red Mill all purpose gluten free baking flour.
- Ghee is clarified butter and many people who are sensitive to dairy are able to enjoy ghee without issues.
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini was 3 medium zucchini for me.
- Other fabulous zucchini recipes popular on my blog: Mini Cheese Zucchini Bites, Oven Fried Zucchini Crisps, Mini Quinoa Zucchini Bites, Raw Caprese Zucchini Salad, Mason Jar Zucchini noddle salad
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- Drain the zucchini in a strainer for 10 minutes then place in a clean dish towel and wrap up tightly and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add zucchini and the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop and flatten slightly a spoonful of batter onto hot skillet. (make about 6 pancakes per tablespoon of butter).
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place cooked fritters onto a pate lined with a paper towel then continue with the rest of the batter.
- Enjoy immediately with sour cream if desired or refrigerate and reheat in microwave when ready to serve.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2*