This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Low Carb Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad is so easy to make and perfect for warm summer days! It’s gluten free, grain free, creamy and delicious! Paleo too, the cheese is optional!
Just a few fresh, seasonal vegetables can make for the best kind of recipe. It’s quick and easy and doesn’t require cooking. Best kind of recipe for the hot summer months!
I’m all about easy when it comes to summer cooking. I want good food, but I want it fast. I seem to be more busier having fun with my kids and friends and family in the summer than even homeschooling during the school year.
I love to entertain so when I have my kids friends over I usually am also having the moms with them, which I love to do. When it’s food by the pool even the kids love this recipe. They may just pick out the red onion, but otherwise it’s a favorite around my house.
Enjoy this with or without the cheese. Asiago is a nice hard cheese that holds up well in the fridge for a few days mixed with these ingredients. If you’re not a fan of asiago simply switch it out for cheddar, smoked mozzarella or just leave it out. The salad is wonderful either way!
The dressing is also simple. Feel free to change out the red wine vinegar with apple cider or just use more lemon juice. Simple, fast, no one will complain when you serve this to them!
- Nutritional Info does not include optional cheese or salt and pepper to taste.
- Make it a full meal by adding some cooked chicken or even shrimp or steak!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 ounces diced cucumbers
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 2 ounces diced asiago cheese
- Once your avocado is diced, toss gently with the lemon juice in a serving bowl. Add remaining vegetables and herbs.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together then toss into the salad.
- Stir gently to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Net Carbs: 1.4g