This Low Carb avocado cucumber tomato salad is so easy to make and perfect for warm summer days! It's gluten free, grain free, creamy and delicious! Paleo too, the cheese is optional!
Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
Just a few fresh herbs and seasonal vegetables can make for the best kind of simple salad in my opinion. It's quick and easy and delicious salads that doesn't require cooking are the best ones in the summer months.
This is the best kind of recipe for those on a low-carb diet or keto diet and perfect for a hot summer day because of the fresh ingredients used!
I'm all about easy when it comes to summer cooking. I want good food, with fresh ingredients, but I want it fast. I seem to be more busier having fun with my kids and friends and family in the summer than even homeschooling during the school year.
I love to entertain and I love keto salads so when I have my kids friends over I usually am also having the moms with them, which I love to do. When it's food by the pool on a hot day, even the kids love this cucumber avocado tomato salad.
They may just pick out the red onion, but otherwise it's a favorite around my house. Often, to make it a light lunch, I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that right into this easy salad.
Paleo Cucumber Avocado Salad
Hearty salads that include healthy fats, is a great way to stay satiated and the best part is because it's a low-carb recipe it won't spike your blood sugar. This favorite salad recipe of ours has great flavors on it's own with or without the cheese.
But if you can have cheese, Asiago is a nice hard cheese that holds up well in the fridge for a few days even when mixed with the juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, English cucumbers, fresh lemon juice and fresh cilantro.
If you're not a fan of asiago simply switch it out for cheddar, smoked fresh mozzarella, feta cheese or just leave it out. This refreshing salad is wonderful either way!
The base of the dressing is also simple. Feel free to change out the red wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar or just use more fresh lemon juice or fresh lime juice. Simple, fast, no one will complain when you serve this to them!
Basic Ingredients Needed
You need just a handful of ingredients to make this delicious side dish salad;
A perfectly ripe avocado, a fresh crisp regular cucumber or English cucumber, tomatoes, red onion or green onion and fresh cilantro but if you don't like cilantro you could also use fresh basil or fresh parsley.
Recipe card is below with printing option as well as nutritional information.
Nutritional Info does not include optional cheese or salt and pepper to taste.
This makes for a great side dish, but for a quick dinner to make into a main dish meal, add a protein source like some cooked chicken or even shrimp or steak to make it a main dish meal!
More Low Carb Avocado Recipes and Summer Recipes
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 4 ounces avocado pitted, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 8 ounces diced crisp cucumbers (seeds removed) or seedless English cucumber
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon red onion or green onions
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley or basil
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil even avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- optional: 2 ounces diced asiago cheese
- Once your avocado is diced, toss gently with the lemon juice in a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables and herbs.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl then toss into the salad.
- Stir gently to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately for best results or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve. Lasts for about 1 day in the fridge before the avocado goes brown.