Keto Chicken Mushroom Casserole is a perfect low carb meal made quickly and easily in one pan!
Easy Chicken Mushroom Casserole
If you're a lover of tasty keto chicken recipes, you are going to enjoy this quick and easy chicken casserole recipe. The whole family will love this creamy chicken, even the picky ones! Creamy chicken and mushrooms go so well together. Add some fresh herbs and made in just one pan and you've got yourself a quick and easy keto meal for any busy weeknight made in 30 minutes. We eat chicken a few times a week in our home, because it's a cost effective meal and there are so many varieties and options. Sometimes it can can boring if you constantly make the same recipes with chicken over and over again. So trying some new ideas will chicken will keep your family from complaining and this fantastic Keto Chicken Mushroom Casserole is going to be one of your favorites!
One Pan Chicken Casserole
One pan meals are the absolute best because you have less to clean up! Using a cast iron skillet will also, in my opinion, yield the tastiest results. A cast iron skillet sears the chicken so well and browns the mushrooms perfectly. Then those little crispy bits made when searing the chicken will be scraped up nicely with the chicken stock to deglaze the pan. You can use cast iron skillets for desserts too, like my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Pie!
Other Keto Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken thighs
- Keto Cream of Chicken Soup with Cabbage
- Oven Fried Cheesy Chicken Nuggets
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Keto Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- ½ pound mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Heat half of the butter and half of the olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Season the chicken tenders and then sear in batches until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until they are browned and crispy.
- Add the garlic, herbs and chicken stock and deglaze the pan, scraping all of the good stuff from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cream and sour cream and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Do not boil, as cream could split.
- Return the tenderloins to the pan and toss through the sauce. Cook for five more minutes.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.