This Keto Italian Pasta Salad is filled with fresh flavors, but without all the carbs of a traditional pasta salad. Just 5 net carbs per serving which is perfect for those on a low carb and/ or keto diet!
Low- Carb Italian Pasta Salad
There’s something iconic about a good pasta salad for summer. When you're on a low carb or ketogenic diet, you may think it's not something you can enjoy since it's typically made with refined wheat or white flour pasta. But with a little tweak in the choice of pasta, you can enjoy this delicious Italian Pasta salad too!
This Low Carb Italian Pasta salad is a no cook recipe, meaning it’s super easy to prepare and ready in just 10 minutes. I love to serve it at a bbq or take on a picnic. It’s also great as a quick lunch or healthy keto dinner.
Low Carb Pasta
With the right Italian seasonings and a real good extra virgin olive oil, this salad makes magic in your mouth! You will be completely satisfied, even eating low carb pasta!
What low carb substitutes can be used in place of pasta in this Keto Pasta Salad?
I used Slim Pasta Penne as it’s probably most aesthetically similar to pasta, without making your own that is, but if you’re not a konjac fan, Palmini palm of hearts noodles are great in this salad too. I like the angel hair. Ok so it’s not quite like traditional pasta, but it’s super good with it.
Other low carb pasta options would be using zucchini as noodles, or try my egg noodle pasta recipe!
Ingredients for Keto Pasta Salad
Low Carb Penne Pasta or see substituions
Salami (or prosciutto)
Fresh Mini Mozzarella Balls
Ingredients for the Italian Dressing
Red Wine Vinegar
Ground Dried Basil
Ground black pepper
How to Make Keto Italian Pasta salad
Prepare the dressing by mixing together in a bowl or shaking in a jar. Adjust seasoning and sweetness to taste.
Toss all the pasta salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Mix with the dressing and serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Options for Italian Meats
I like to use salami or prosciutto to give the best flavor, but you can also use cooked ham, smoked ham, or even shredded chicken if you prefer.
To add some heat, I love to add pepperoncini, but you can leave out or substitute with some capers or even chopped dill pickles, if you like.
Can I make this Italian Pasta Salad dairy free?
Yes you can make this Low Carb Italian Pasta salad dairy free, by simply leaving out the mozzarella cheese.
How to Store Keto Italian Pasta Salad
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Can this Keto Italian Pasta Salad be made ahead of time?
Yes, this Italian Pasta salad can be made ahead of time. You can store this in the refrigerator for up to two days. This will allow all the flavors to marinade and mingle and be even tastier!
More Keto Salad Recipes
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
Keto Italian Pasta Salad
Keto Italian Pasta Salad
- 7 ounces Slim penne pasta (or palmini) drained + rinsed well
- ¾ cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup yellow pepper cubed
- 3.5 ounces salami (or prosciutto), sliced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives pitted, sliced
- ¼ cup pepperoncini sliced
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3.5 ounces mozzarella fresh mini mozzarella balls, drained
- 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar red wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano ground
- ½ teaspoon dried basil ground
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper cracked (or to taste)
- optional: powdered sweetener to taste
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together in a bowl or shaking in a jar. Adjust seasoning and sweetness to taste.
- Toss all the pasta salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix with the dressing and serve.
- Storage: Best fresh or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
[…] Keto Italian Pasta Salad […]