This Low Carb Keto Blueberry English Muffin Bread Loaf is gluten free, grain free and perfect for an easy make ahead breakfast!
I can't think of an easier breakfast than one that's actually made when you're not rushed for time. Make ahead breakfasts rule my world and being a mom of 3 who homeschools and works from home full time, I need all the help I can get on any weekday morning.
Recently I've made a few quick english muffin recipes. The 2-Minute English Muffin is a single serving made in minutes in the microwave. The second recipe is my Paleo English Muffins in which I changed up the recipe and made them in the oven for 4 servings. The third is my 1 minute Cinnamon English Muffin which is a single serving, but is nut free. But this recipe if for all the folks who have neither a microwave or those fancy English muffin molds to make them in.
The loaf idea just came to me, figuring it would just be a whole lot easier to enjoy the texture of an English Muffin with a little bit less work than making individual servings. While I don't think it works as well as using the rings or molds or ramekins, it is quite nice to just make the batter and dump it in a loaf pan. I increased the amounts of my ingredients as well so you can get a dozen slices that are a perfect size.
Blueberries are of course optional, but they do add a nice sweet little bite. I used Wyman's frozen since I always have them in my freezer and they always taste perfectly sweet!
The edges cook well as brown nicely in the loaf pan, but I would advise toasting each slice if you still want that authentic English Muffin Style texture.
It's easier, it's just as hearty and just as tasty as my original recipes. Top with a little butter and enjoy every bite without any of the typical high carbs from traditional bread.
- This recipe is an adaption of my Low Carb Paleo English Muffin recipe.
- Other milk options can be used to sub the almond milk.
- Blueberries are optional and can be left out if you prefer.
- Original Recipe: 2-Minute Low Carb English Muffin (made in microwave) serves 2
- Second recipe: Paleo English Muffins (made in oven) serves 4
- Third Recipe: 1-Minute Cinnamon English Muffin (nut free) serves 2
UPDATE: After reading a few comments saying they felt the bread was a bit eggy in texture, I decided to reduce the original recipe using 6 eggs to 5 eggs and that is what you see in the video. The texture is great using either 5 or 6 eggs, once toasted it's delicious!
This recipe was first published in August 2016.
Low Carb Blueberry English Muffin Bread Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwavable bowl melt nut butter and butter together for 30 seconds, stir until combined well.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, salt and baking powder together. Pour the nut butter mixture into the large bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk the almond milk and eggs together then pour into the bowl and stir well.
- Drop in fresh blueberries or break apart frozen blueberries and gently stir into the batter.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment paper as well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 30 minutes then remove from pan.
- Slice and toast each slice before serving.