This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado is perfect for a picnic, BBQ, beach or even when camping!
We just returned from our first camping trip of the year and one of the things that make it so enjoyable for me is not having to do a lot of cooking. Hubby enjoys cooking on the grill but I like to give him a break from cooking as well and this meal is one of those make ahead recipes perfect for the outdoors!
I always seem to have left over chicken breast in my fridge or freezer. All my kids and hubby like is dark meat and I don’t like to waste so I store the chicken and have it ready for a recipe like I’m sharing today.
Funny thing with my kids is the boys don’t seem to like mayonnaise. But the oldest will eat tuna with mayo and the youngest will eat egg salad, but chicken salad isn’t a favorite for them, yet my daughter loves it!
Spicing up the chicken salad and the boys were game for it! They love all things spicy like their momma!
Making ahead a little spicy chicken salad is the perfect way to have a relaxing time without having to cook! Grab some ripe avocados for your outdoor get together, beach day or camping fun and scoop the salad over the top. Don’t forget a utensil and you’re good to go!
Super simple and refreshing for a hot day!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado
- 2 avocados cut in half, pitted and skin removed
- 3 cups boneless skinless chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado scooped out of the 2 avocados you cut in half to start with
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp buffalo sauce sugar-free, I used Archie Moore brand
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Place your avocado halves on a serving platter and spoon out some of the center of each to equal the 1/2 cup mashed you need for the recipe then set them aside while you make the rest of the filling.
- In a bowl, add the mashed avocado, chicken, mayo and lemon juice.
- Combine that well and then add the buffalo sauce and salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Spoon this filling evenly into each half of the avocados.
- Sprinkle with more buffalo sauce if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Net Carbs: 1.7g