You'd never know this Keto Strawberry Ice Cream is low carb, keto and made without sugar! This homemade ice cream can be made with or without an ice cream maker and has just 5 net carbs per serving making it ideal for those on a keto diet!
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
There's just something about homemade low carb ice cream in the summer that makes it tastier than any other time of year!
Could be the heat of summer and the cold creaminess of ice cream, but whatever it is, we all want it! I don't know anyone who isn't a lover of ice cream, do you?!!!
Making a creamy strawberry ice cream that is low carb and keto makes it taste even better knowing it won't spike your blood glucose and you can indulge without guilt!
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Making use of seasonal fruit like fresh strawberries is why this recipe today will rock your sugar-free ice cream world!
Sweet strawberry puree swirled into a cheesecake flavored ice cream mixture will make your tongue do a happy dance!
You don't have to make this swirl look, but it's worth the little bit of effort to make it happen.
If you decide to just blend the strawberry mixture into the cheesecake ice cream base in the ice cream machine, I won't judge you for it! It will be pretty in pink!
How to Make Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Simple Ingredients Needed (For exact measurements please view recipe card at the very bottom of post)
Fresh lemon juice
Swerve sweetener ( I used Confectioners)
Ice Cream Base
Cream cheese, softened
Half & Half
Swerve sweetener Confectioners
Liquid Allulose helps to keep ice cream soft
optional: 1 tablespoon vodka or MCT oil to help with texture
Place the first 6 ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Place the softened cream cheese and half & half into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into an ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions. Mine is a KitchenAid attachment and it took about 20 minutes before it was soft serve texture.
Drizzle in the set aside strawberry swirl mixture into the ice cream machine on low or stir in by hand. Reserve some for topping.
Place ice cream into a 9 by 5 loaf pan, drizzle pureed strawberry over the top then freeze for 2-3 hours. If you reserved some of the pureed strawberry, keep it refrigerated until ready to serve over the ice cream.
How to Make No-Churn Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
You can make this delicious keto ice cream recipe without an ice cream machine!
I would recommend replacing the Half & Half with heavy whipping cream and whip the 2 cups in a stand mixer until stiff peaks then fold that into the remaining ingredients in the mixer. Pour into your loaf pan and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
How to Make Dairy-free Strawberry ice Cream
If you want to make this a dairy free recipe without heavy cream ice cream you certainly can!
Sugar Free Keto Sweeteners
This recipe was a winner with the entire family, picky kids and picky hubby who dislikes stevia!
My sugar substitute of choice is a combination of Swerve which is erythritol and liquid berry stevia. Hubby didn't notice any aftertaste so even those of you who aren't fans of stevia may like it as well!
I've also added liquid Allulose when I updated the orginial recipe because I've found it plays an important role in keeping the creamy texture of the ice cream without forming ice crystals. I've tried it in my Butter Pecan Ice Cream with great results.
Besides Swerve another low carb sweetener I would recommend is Monk Fruit. Please use my Sweetener Guide and Conversion Chart to help you decide on how much to use of another low-carb sweetener.
Impress ALL you friends with this deliciousness, whether they are sugar free and low carb or not!
Other Fabulous Homemade Keto Ice Cream Recipes
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream- SugarFreeMom
- Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Ice Cream- All Day I Dream About Food
- Tiramisu Popsicles- KetoDiet App
- Creamsicle Ice Cream- Maria Body Mind Health
- Pecan Praline Ice Cream- I Breathe I'm Hungry
- Sinful Chocolate Ice Cream- Low Carb So Simple
- Frozen Chocolate Roll- Nourished Caveman
- Coconut Ice Cream- Ditch the Carbs
- Peach Frozen Yogurt- Kalyn's Kitchen
- Chocolate Sorbet-SugarFreeMom
- Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream- Low Carb Maven
- Coffee Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream- Sugar Free Mom
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Half & Half and what can I replace it with?
Half & Half is half whole milk and half cream, equal parts. You can replace it with unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk.
Do I have to use Berry Liquid Stevia?
No, if you don't have berry stevia you don't need to use berry flavored stevia, but it does enhance the strawberry flavor the best. Just add more of your favorite sweetener to taste.
What can I use instead of Swerve?
If you don't have Swerve and use another sugar free substitute, most other brands are sweeter than Swerve so I would suggest eliminating the stevia.
Do I need the liquid Allulose?
Yes for best results, I would not recommend making this without liquid Allulose but if you can't find it where you live, try using granulated Allulose and if you can't find that try adding MCT oil which will help keep a nice soft texture of this sugar-free strawberry ice cream.
Keto-Friendly Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Place the first 6 ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese and half & half into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend on high until incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into an ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions. Mine is a KitchenAid attachment and it took about 20 minutes before it was soft serve texture.
- Drizzle in the set aside strawberry swirl mixture into the ice cream machine on low or stir in by hand. Reserve some for topping.
- Place ice cream into a 9 by 5 loaf pan, drizzle pureed strawberry over the top then freeze for 2-3 hours. If you reserved some of the pureed strawberry, keep it refrigerated until ready to serve over the ice cream.