This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This creamy Watermelon Mousse is made without sugar, low carb, and perfect for hot summer afternoons!
Just 4 ingredients and no cooking required for this creamy mousse! Using fresh in-season watermelon, with delicious Horizon Organic products makes for a special treat for kids, but little effort in the kitchen for moms! That’s called a win for all of us!
Summer is soon coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy some fresh refreshing watermelon treats! Kids will love having a snack like this anytime, but especially for those children who’ve all ready gone back to school! While my kids having yet started, they certainly didn’t say no to enjoying one of these on a hot afternoon!
The black seeds you see are actually PUMPKIN SEEDS coated in chocolate! My kids at first, thought I was making them eat real watermelon seeds! In fact they’ve actually never seen watermelons with their seeds because as long as they’ve been alive we’ve always bought seedless watermelon. They loved the little crunch and texture with the creamy mousse, perfect combo and looks so cute don’t you think?!
If you’ve picked a winning watermelon you may not need to add any sweetener to this at all. But no worries if you didn’t, you can easily add your favorite sweetener, just add a little then taste and adjust!
Start Back to School with Smiles on their faces when they’ve got this snack to come home to!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Watermelon Mousse
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces Horizon Organic sour cream
- 8 ounces seedless watermelon
- 8 ounces Horizon Organic heavy whipping cream
- pinch salt
- optional: watermelon liquid stevia to taste natural red food coloring, or pomegranate juice
- optional "seeds": 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds 2 ounces sugar free or dark 85% chocolate
- Place the first 3 ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Add natural food coloring if desired.
- Taste mixture to see if it's sweet enough, if not add your favorite sweetener. I used 1/2 tsp of watermelon liquid stevia. Set aside.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a stand mixer and blend on high until stiff peaks. Add salt.
- Gently fold the cream and watermelon mixture together until just combined.
- Pipe mousse into serving dishes and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- To make optional "seeds" to decorate mousse, simply melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals and stir until smooth. Drop seeds into chocolate. Stir to coat them all then remove seeds with a fork, shake off excess chocolate and place seeds on a parchment lined baking sheet to dry.
- When ready to serve, place some "seeds" onto each serving of mousse.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.