This Low Carb Pumpkin Spice English Muffin is grain free, gluten free and can be made in a minute! Oven directions provided!
It's the last day of AUGUST!!! I do realize this and yet here I am posting my first pumpkin recipe of the season! I just could not wait! I knew once I had made my original English Muffin recipe that in the fall a pumpkin version was a must have! And you will not be sorry I posted it this early either.
It is every bit the flavors of fall as you can get. Cinnamon and other traditional spices of the season along with pure (not pie filling) pumpkin are what make for the coziest of breakfasts in this easy to make recipe.
Certainly it doesn't look like much once popped out of the dish, but wait folks, just wait. All the magic happens once it's toasted I promise you. And if you have tried my other English Muffin recipes then you know what I'm talking about. Worth it.
I've got a bunch of other pumpkin recipes up my sleeve but I can't give them all out September so I will space them out for you as much as possible, but be warned, I love me some pumpkin and it's hard to make anything without it this time of year for me!
Is there a pumpkin recipe you'd like me to adapt? Send me a message and I will gladly take on the challenge!
So hopefully all you die hard pumpkin fans like me will be happy about the first recipe I'm sharing of the pumpkin season.
Picky hubby loved it the first time I made it but I felt it didn't have enough pumpkin flavor so I adjusted it slightly and it turned out even better. I'm pleased with the results and I would love to hear if you make any adaptions to it.
- I used 7 ounce ramekins.
- If you have pumpkin spice then you can sub out all the spices I used and use an equal amount of that instead.
- You can sub out the milk for whatever you like.
- You can sub out the cashew butter for peanut butter, almond butter or even coconut butter.
- If you have a nut allergy try using sunflower seed meal instead of almond.
- You can bake this instead of use the microwave by placing in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
Check Out My Quick Video!
Check out my other Gluten Free, Grain Free & Low Carb English Muffin Recipes:
- Blueberry English Muffin Bread Loaf
- 2-Minute English Muffin
- 1-Minute Nut Free Cinnamon English Muffin
- Paleo English Muffins (made in the oven)
1-Minute Low Carb Pumpkin Spice English Muffin
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon almond flour I used Bobs Red Mill
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- optional: ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice liquid stevia
- Stir together the cashew butter and pumpkin until combined well.
- Whisk in the egg and almond milk until combined.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Grease 2 ramekins and evenly divide batter between them.
- Microwave one at a time for 1 minute. Check center with a toothpick. If it comes clean it's done if not microwave for another 30 seconds. (Oven directions under Brenda's notes above)
- Allow to cool slightly then remove and slice in half.
- Toast to your liking and enjoy with some butter!
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 4