This Keto Pizza Cauliflower Casserole is a low carb lover's pizza dream!
Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
Gooey cheese, crumbled sausage, crisp bacon and spicy pepperoni is the icing on a cake for a meat lover's pizza. But if you are watching your carbs, indulging in a traditional pizza is probably not going to happen any time soon if you're trying to reach your weight loss goals.
I'm a pizza lover. The greasier the better. Problem is I just can't eat the bread or carbs anymore. I'm gluten free and yes pizza does come gluten free in many places but that's not my issue.If you'e a pizza lover like me, you can't just enjoy one or two pieces. It never seems to be enough. I always crave more.
I've finally found a way to enjoy everything I love about a meat lover's pizza with a whole lot less carbs.
It's my hidden cauliflower recipe strikes again!
I've brought you:
- Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Cauliflower casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower casserole
and now this recipe which happens to be my favorite thus far!
The bottom layer literally looks like mozzarella cheese. Of course even though I've made 3 other hidden cauliflower recipes you'd think the family might be on to me right? They didn't ask until after they each devoured a piece. Then in unison said, "was this made with cauliflower?" I asked if they could taste it, each said no, and wouldn't have asked had they not seen the cauliflower steaming in my steamer that afternoon.
They said they loved it and would eat it again. Victory friends, VICTORY!
Keto Low Carb Pizza Cauliflower Casserole
I've got a good thing going here and if you don't tell them they won't know.Tell them after they indulge in this recipe and see the looks of amazement and surprise and they realize they ate cauliflower and liked it!
This recipe was first published in May 2015.
Keto Pizza Cauliflower Casserole (low carb and gluten free)
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Place in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs or leave chunkier if you like.
- In a large bowl add processed cauliflower, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower mixture into a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon but not crisp, leave it slightly soft as it will cook more in the oven. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Brown the sausage until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over the layer of cauliflower mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with the sausage, pepperoni and the bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake 20 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted.