This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Beef Stroganoff Cauliflower Casserole! A Hidden cauliflower casserole with all the traditional flavors of beef stroganoff ! Your family will have no idea they’re eating cauliflower nor will they care!
This classic recipe got a slight make over. Using a cauliflower base that looks more like a layer of mashed potatoes, topped with a layer of cheeses and a creamy beef mixture makes for a fabulous family meal that everyone will enjoy, even the kids.
This cauliflower idea as the base was adapted from my first recipe Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole. That recipe went over really well with not only my family, but many of you on my blog! My second recipe with the cauliflower base was also a big hit, Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole. So I decided to try the classic beef stroganoff and instead of egg noodles use this fabulous hidden cauliflower recipe as the base.
While it certainly might not be typical to include cauliflower in any of the recipes I’ve made, it does make for a quite a unique dish and one that just might get your family to try cauliflower without realizing it.
What can I say, I’m just a sucker for recipes that hide veggies! I’ve got a bunch of recipes like this because it works for my kids. I love to see the surprised looks on their faces after I tell them what they just devoured and loved!
It’s a layered mess, but it works!!! Even my picky hubby, the Meat -N-Potatoes Man, was won over each time, never complaining and in fact complimenting, the cauliflower as the base on each recipe!
Grated Parmesan is optional but it does give a nice little toasted crumble over the top. I would highly recommend using it.
Other Hidden Veggie Recipes:
- Mini Zucchini Cheese Bites
- Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
- Broccoli Cauliflower Quinoa Bites
- Cheddar Cauliflower Bacon Bites
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Beef Stroganoff Cauliflower Casserole
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup coconut flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds beef sirloin 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella shredded
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- Optional: grated Parmesan
- Steam the cauliflower until tender. Add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until like mashed potato in texture.
- Transfer to a bowl, add 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir until combined.
- Spread mashed cauliflower into a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut beef against the grain into cubes or strips. Set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the beef to the same skillet and cook until browned.
- Season with garlic salt then stir in 1/2 cup beef broth, Worcestershire and heat until boiling.
- Reduce, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining beef broth with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Add this to the beef in the skillet.
- Add back the onions and mushrooms to the skillet.
- Stir constantly until thickens.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine the remaining 3 ingredients in a bowl then spread this over the mashed cauliflower.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Top with Parmesan if desired.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately!
Net Carbs: 7g