Feeling under the weather lately or just needing a boost of vitamin C perhaps? This smoothie will do the trick! Full of vitamins, protein, and simply delicious!
Smoothies are a perfect way to get in some veggies in the morning even if you wouldn't really want one. You never notice them in smoothies, especially this one full of orange flavor. I added the carrot because it's full of health benefits and you really won't notice it there.
You can certainly make this without any egg whites but it really provides a nice creamy texture and of course good for you natural protein! If you are worried about drinking raw egg whites, read this post. They are perfectly fine when you purchase 100% pasteurized.
Feel free to replace the Greek yogurt with coconut milk to make this dairy free!
Nutrition Info [using greek yogurt]
Orange Protein Smoothie: No Sugar Added
- 2 oranges peeled, sliced
- 1 carrot peeled, chopped or ½ cup
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or coconut milk
- ½ cup 100% pasteurized egg whites
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 1-2 droppers full orange flavored stevia or lemon or plain
- Combine all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener if needed.
- Makes 24 ounces.