A Raw Mushroom Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect side dish to any summer meal or serve as the main course for a meatless dinner!
Here's an easy, hearty, filling, but delicate and light salad for a hot summer night! Simply toss a few delicious ingredients together with a light lemony dressing and you're done! Bring to a BBQ or serve for a simple dinner one night when it's just too hot to turn on the oven!
You can change or add any other favorite ingredients to this salad and it will still be amazing! You could also eliminate the cheese but I gotta tell ya', if you can have cheese, this one is incredible fabulous chunked up into the salad. It provides a nice texture change since the rest of the salad ingredients are more softer.
I served this for MYSELF as my dinner one night, NOTHING else, didn't need it, just this alone, SUPER good, SUPER happy was I.
Raw Mushroom Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 celery sliced or 1 cup
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup chunked or shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons or ¼ cup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl add first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl whisk salt, oil and lemon juice together and pepper to taste. Toss with vegetables and serve room temperature or keep refrigerated.Makes 4 cups.