This post brought to you by Redpack Tomatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Sugar Free Mom.
Chicken Cacciatore Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a fabulous way to enjoy an Italian classic recipe with lower carbs than using refined white flour spaghetti.
When I think of the classic Italian recipes I enjoyed eating as a child, chicken cacciatore would have to be one of my favorites. My mom always made it with chicken thighs and that's what I always use.
I grew up in an Italian household so traditional pasta was the only option, and for my parents it still is what they prefer. Although last year I made a spaghetti squash lasagna for Christmas and they actually really enjoyed it, quite to my surprise.
When I was invited to create a recipe using Redpack Tomatoes, I knew it was a product I could get behind and support. Redpack Tomatoes is a quality, family owned product since 1922. Redpack has worked with local farmers for over 70 years to produce the highest quality, best tasting tomatoes. Family owned. Family Farmed.
Their facilities have the highest safety and quality certifications attainable (SQF III, NON GMO Project Verified, Orthodox Union Kosher, USDA DOVS and USDA Organic).
They have trusted only the best family farms in the Heartland of America to deliver their award-winning quality and flavor that cooks have relied on for generations.
I appreciate the fact that these tomatoes are packed in non- BPA lined cans as well as non-GMO project verified making them a great quality product.
What's even more important to me is that there's just 3 ingredients in the crushed tomatoes I used in this recipe! No added sugars at all!
You can top this cacciatore over whatever you prefer, but if you've not tried spaghetti squash as a replacement to regular pasta, give it a try! You might even surprise yourself at how much better you like it.
Check out my easy video!
While this isn't super low in carbs, you can reduce to a smaller serving and reduce the carbs you see below by half. Then add a nice salad and dinner is ready!
Chicken Cacciatore Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash or 8 cups cooked
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper or 1 cup sliced
- 1 yellow pepper or 1 cup sliced
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can 28 oz Redpack crushed tomatoes, BPA free
- ¼ cup Redpack tomato paste BPA free1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scoop out seeds and drizzle with 2 tablespoon oil.
- Flip over and bake for 1 hour.
- While squash is baking saute onion, garlic, and peppers in remaining 2 tablespoon oil. Set aside.
- Chop chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove veggies from skillet and cook chicken.
- Add veggies back into skillet.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes,tomato paste and seasonings.
- Stir to combine.
- Scrape inside of spaghetti squash and top with chicken cacciatore!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Redpack Tomatoes, however all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I enjoy working with.