This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This broccoli salad isn’t your typical salad as it’s been remade without mayo or added sugar, but lighter and still just as delicious!
Broccoli salad is the perfect dish in the summer. It’s hearty but not heavy. Enjoy it as a meal or serve it along side some grilled chicken. It’s also easily adaptable so if you’re not a fan of any of the veggies I included you can sub whatever you like. One difference I like to make sure to include is blanching the broccoli a bit. Just a few minutes in some salted boiling water will make the florets slightly tender but still provide the crunch typical of a broccoli salad. If your tummy can handle raw broccoli then just skip that step.
Easy summer recipes are what I crave lately and this is one I’ve been making for years. It’s always a hit at any party. My original recipe calls for a honey yogurt dressing which is equally as good. 🙂
Typical Broccoli Salad dressing with mayonnaise is delicious and you could certainly sub the Greek yogurt I used but for a lighter in fat dressing full of flavor this is a winner!
- You can certainly make this without any sweetener or use honey if you like instead. Just taste and try and adjust from there.
- You don’t have to blanch the broccoli florets but for me and my stomach, slightly cooked rather than raw is better and easier to digest.
- You can change out the Greek yogurt to be full fat instead of nonfat if you desire. This is a loose dressing not the same as it would typically appear or be when using mayonnaise. If you want a thick, cling to the veggies type dressing use a full fat Greek yogurt.
- Here’s the link to my original Broccoli salad with Honey yogurt Dressing.
- The sugar grams are coming naturally from the tomatoes and yogurt.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free Mayo Free Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup English cucumber. sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt nonfat
- 1/4 cup erythritol or 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- pepper to taste
- In a pot of boiling salted water, add broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in ice water.
- Place the salad ingredients together in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing with vegetables and refrigerate or enjoy immediately.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*