Sweet & Spicy Sugar-Free Mixed Nuts are the easiest and perfect party type snack for any occasion!
If you need a quick and delicious appetizer for a party that everyone will love, these sweet and spicy mixed nuts are perfect! Warm spices mixed with egg whites and a natural sugar-free sweetener create a crunchy coating when baked that's hard to resist. You can adjust the spice to your liking but make sure to share with friends! Fair warning here because these can be quite appealing and you may find yourself enjoying more than the serving recommended!
Place in an air tight container to store or give as a gift to a neighbor!
I used pecans, walnuts and almonds but you can change the mixed nuts to whatever variety you like!
Notes on Substitutions:
- If you don't have erythritol you can try honey or sub a tablespoon of powdered stevia.
Sweet & Spicy Sugar-Free Mixed Nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- 2 egg whites
- 4 cups unsalted mixed nuts 2 cups almonds, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy and foamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix all the spices then add nuts and combine well.
- Toss the nuts and spice mixture with the egg whites until coated well.
- Spread the nuts in an even layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes then stir nuts around.
- Bake another 30 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Cool then break apart.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.