These Low Carb Poblano Pork Burgers with Jalapeno Ailoli are the perfect grilling food for any cook out or party!
While I'm away on my Cross Country Trip with my family this month, I asked one of my favorite low carb bloggers to create a tasty recipe that would be perfect for Father's Day or just grilling season and she outdid herself! I can't wait to make this for my hubby!
Here's Kim from Low Carb Maven!
My grill broke last Summer. I knew the end was near. It was 20 years old and on its last legs. It stood stoically on many apartment balconies in its early days. For the last 10 years, it stood sentry to the back door of our home until it’s end. Our grill gave many years of faithful service, but I felt the loss.
I bought a new grill for this poblano pork burgers recipe because they’re so good they deserved it. The recipe has been a long time coming. Brenda asked me months ago to help her out with a great summer BBQ recipe. It’s taken me that long to get it right.
We enjoy all kinds of pork recipes at our house like easy pork stir-frys,Parmesan pork chops, or recipes like Brenda’s Balsamic pork tenderloin. Pork is a very versatile protein that is great combined with other ground meats and it can be subbed for chicken in almost any dish, like pork piccata.
These poblano pork burgers start with a great seasoning blend. Since my store only carries lean ground pork it’s important to add some extra fat to keep these pork burgers nice and juicy. Roasted poblano peppers give a nice taste to the burgers and can be chopped and mixed into the meat or added to the top. A roasted jalapeno pepper gets blended with store bought mayo to make a great jalapeno aioli.
This recipe comes just in time for Summer grill season. It’s the perfect low carb burger.
If you are into bunless burgers like I am try Brenda’s Beef Zucchini Burgers or a great Steakhouse Burger. If you’re tired of lettuce wrapped burgers, Brenda’s English Muffin recipe would make a great bun!
Kim develops recipes in her southern California kitchen and blogs atLow Carb Maven where she shares low carb ketogenic recipes with a gourmet vibe. Follow her on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Low Carb Poblano Pork Burgers with Jalapeno Ailoli
- 1 pounds lean ground pork
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sukrin Gold or brown sugar replacer
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 jalapeno chile
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ½ clove garlic
- Preparation: Roast the poblano and jalapeno over a gas flame or under a broiler until the skins are completely charred and black. Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap to steam. (Can be done several days in advance.) Peel the charred outer skin off of the peppers but do not rinse them. Cut off the tops and slice them open to remove the seeds. Remove the veins if you prefer less heat.
- Jalapeno Aioli: Place the mayonnaise, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice and sprigs of cilantro into the blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. (Can be made several days in advance.)
- Burgers: Mix the pork, oil, vinegar and spices together. Form patties and refrigerate up to two days. You can either mince the poblano pepper and add it to the ground pork or slice it into thin strips to enjoy on top of the cooked burger. Grill the burgers until firm to the touch but still juicy.
- Top with the jalapeno aioli and poblano peppers. Also great with sharp cheddar cheese
This is such a yummy pork burger recipe. The seasoning is nice and the sauce is delicious. I know, because I worked on this recipe for months. Thanks for letting me share.