Crock Pot Grain Free Low Carb Granola made sugar free as well!
Here’s a crunchy snack that’s made easily in your crock pot and perfect for an on-the-go treat!
Slow cooking makes my life so much better as a busy momma. Dump in the ingredients and be on my way to do other things is why I love my crock pot! I recently bought a new one by Hamilton that has 3 different settings. If you choose timer you can make sure your food stops cooking when it hits a certain temperature so there’s no need of worrying about anything overcooking and drying out.
While my boys do have nut allergies my hubby, myself and my daughter do not. I make plenty of yummy snacks that are nut free for them but sometimes hubby, daughter and I really want some nutty granola.
This was one of those times the hubby mentioned I haven’t made anything with nuts for him. And I had plenty of other recipes I was working on so that why’s the crock pot came to mind immediately to make life easier.
Once cooked in the crock pot you lay it out on a baking sheet and let it cool. It hardens nicely then you can store it as you like.
It was only the three of us eating it, but within a few days, it was gone. Hubby especially loves it!
Place your yummy granola in a mason jar and cover or make individual little baggies up for the kids in the cupboard when they want a snack to grab!
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 31.6g
- Saturated fat: 11.7g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla stevia
- 2 cups raw almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts (1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds (1 cup each)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve sweetener or other sugar free sub of choice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Turn Crock Pot to high and add coconut oil and allow it to melt.
- Once melted add vanilla extract and stevia.
- Stir well before adding nuts, seeds and coconut.
- Stir the granola mixture well to make sure all is coated.
- Whisk Swerve, cinnamon and salt together then sprinkle over the nut and seed mixture.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours.
- Stir every 30 minutes.
- Pour and spread out onto a baking pan to cool.
- Keep stored in a covered container.