Flourless Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Cookies made low carb, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free!
Any chocolate lover’s reading today?
I sure am!
I think I know exactly one person in my life that is not a fan of chocolate.
All I can say to that is, HUH? WHAT? Seriously? You’ve got to be kidding? If you’re not a fan of chocolate than this recipe is certainly not for you.
As my life and eating habits have changed to a more low carb life style, my recipes now reflect this change. While still always sugar free there is a difference between sugar free and sugar free and low carb. I encourage you to read the post, Sugar-Free Versus Low Carb: What’s The Difference, in case you are unsure.
I was recently browsing through my huge archive of recipes and found my Flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I knew I needed a low carb version.
Now obviously you can’t make oats low in carbs, they just aren’t. BUT the replacement of oats CAN be made into a successful flourless cookie and the one you see before your eyes today.
I can tell you my kids ate these up like nobodies business! Next time I will need to make a double batch! I think they are even better than my oatmeal ones!
If you are browsing through my Recipe Index and happen to see a higher carb sugar free recipe and would love an adaption to make it low carb, please let me know!
- You can use any oil you want to replace the sunflower oil I used.
- If you can’t find sugar free chocolate chips, use the highest grade chocolate bar you can find and melt it in or chop it up.
- If you don’t use stevia you can increase the Swerve to 1 cup.
- Here’s the link to the liquid stevia I use.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Sugar: .1g
- Sodium: 34mg
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, oil, extract and stevia together. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the cocoa, Swerve and salt together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Add in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Once well combined use a cookie scoop and make 12 mounds.
- Place mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.