These Amazing CheesecakeBrownies are flourless, low carb, sugar free, gluten free and grain free!
It’s July!! I can’t even believe how fast the summer is flying by since school finished.
Right now we are all about pool parties and easy food and treats to enjoy fun times with family and friends.
What my kids love most is brownies. And cheesecake. So I married them and made these!
This year I’ve partnered with Horizon Organic to bring you recipes that encourage you and your family to enjoy treats with less sugar and still love it! Fostering a life style that’s active and balancing special snacks like these brownies are goals I strive for regularly in my home.
Just because they are made without sugar or gluten or grains doesn’t mean we can eat them for breakfast or eat too many either.
Emphasizing this to my kids is always a challenge as an allergy friendly food blogger. Sometimes they think because my treats and snacks don’t have sugar they can splurge a little more and that’s just not the case. Snacks and treats have there place in a balanced life style for not only my kids but myself.
Brownies like these are the perfect make ahead treat for when you’ve got a bunch of kids coming over and need something fast. These whip up in 30 minutes and prep time is around 15-20 minutes. Easy to transport to a party as well!
These were given the thumbs up from my kids, after 3 attempts to make them fudgey AND flourless!
- You can also make these without the cheesecake topping if you don’t feel like getting fancy, they are equally as good. You would need to deduct the cheesecake topping ingredients and input the rest of the ingredients into a calorie counter like myfitnesspal.com to figure out the nutrition info.
- If you don’t have instant espresso you can leave it out but it does help enhance the chocolate flavor in the brownies.
- You can sub the chocolate liquid stevia with vanilla liquid stevia or plain liquid stevia.
- You can also use another sweetener of choice. Here is my conversion chart.
- Swerve sweetener is less sweet than most erythritol sweeteners so if you were to substitute it, I would say just use 1/2 cup in the brownies and remove the chocolate stevia.
- I like the brand Lily’s Sweets for sugar-free chocolate chips and that’s what I used in this recipe. You can use 85% dark chocolate instead as well.
- If you don’t use Swerve or stevia in the cheesecake filling you can replace it with a sweetener of choice that equals about 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Serves: 20
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 4 Horizon Organic eggs
- 1/4 cup Horizon Organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 3/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, add the first 5 ingredients and blend on high until combined well.
- In another bowl whisk together the next 5 dry ingredients.
- Pour this into the wet ingredients and blend on high until combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the pan. Set aside remaining batter.
- Prepare the cheesecake topping using a stand or hand held mixer to blend until smooth.
- Pour half the cheesecake topping onto the brownie batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter over the the cheesecake topping.
- Finish with remaining cheesecake topping.
- Use a butterknife to swirl the batter and cheesecake topping together.
- Decorate with optional chocolate bar chunks or chips if desired before baking.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.