This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Baked Stuffed 3 Cheese Eggplant Roll Ups are a perfect dish for vegetarians and low carbers alike!
Even if you may not be a fan of eggplant, you will most certainly enjoy this cheesy stuffed recipe. If you are a low carb-er you might be looking for other options than pasta. This dish won’t make you feel deprived in the least! Filled with gooey goodness, rolled up and topped with tasty marinara sauce make these a perfect substitute to lasagna roll ups.
If fact that’s where my inspiration came from to make this recipe. My gluten free lasagna roll ups are fantastic but having had my first garden this summer I’ve got a few eggplant on my hands. Also I’ve been lowering my carb intake lately so this was a match made in heaven.
Anyone who comes from an Italian background knows the importance pasta, sauce and cheese are to many recipes. Fortunately most Italians also love eggplant so making this a mock lasagna roll up will work for even the pickiest Italian family member! I’m confident here and will dare say none will shun their noses if you offer this up at a family get together. 🙂
The beauty about this recipe is that, with a little preparation it can be made ahead and baked on the day you plan to serve it. No fussing when you have company, just place in the oven and enjoy your guests!
Not only is this a perfect recipe for low carb-ers, but wonderful for vegetarians and families who try to follow the Meatless Monday trend!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Baked Stuffed 3 Cheese Eggplant Roll Ups
- 1 medium eggplant about 1 pound, thinly cut lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese low fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place slices of eggplant onto a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels and bake for 15-20 minutes until eggplant is softened and bendable.
- Allow to cool enough to handle.
- In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce to a 9 by 13 dish and spread over the bottom.
- Add about 2 -3 tablespoons, (depending on size of slice) filling onto the middle of each eggplant, roll up and place seam side down onto the sauce in the baking dish.
- Pour final cup of sauce over the tops of roll ups.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 3*