Cauliflower Confetti Kale Pecan Salad is a beautiful raw salad that takes just minutes to prepare and it's pretty enough to serve to guests or along any weeknight meal!
Salads make the world go round.
Perfect in any season.
Make them fancy or casual, they are always the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Sometimes my recipes are ones thought of while on my treadmill or inspired by watching the Food Network cooking shows. But most times it's at the market where seasonal, good looking produce call my name and beg me to take them home and make something beautiful with them.
This purple cauliflower did just that.
I gave it one look and new it had to come home with me.
But I didn't want to cook it. I wanted it raw and raw is how it's served in this salad.
And why not? Why does cauliflower have to be cooked all the time anyway? Well, it doesn't in my opinion and that's what I'm sticking with.
You could cook it up a bit or blanch it quickly if raw isn't your style. But I guarantee once you try all raw veggies you usually enjoy cooked, you might be surprised that you like them even more!
This is also perfect for making ahead. In fact it gets better when it has time in the fridge with the other veggies and dressing.
- Are you unsure about all the sugar free sweetener options and what is the difference between sugar free versus low carb? Here's what you'll see shared on my blog as well. If you're all ready a sugar free fan, but need a little guidance in converting some recipes to sugar free, this post about all the differences with stevia plus a conversion chart might help you.
- And last if you're ready to start the New Year, but need a little more help and guidance you can check out my Sugar Detox Plan and well as my Cookbook for more helpful recipes.
- You can subscribe for free by email so you won't ever miss any recipes I share on social media and just for subscribing you receive a FREE recipe from my Cookbook!
Check Out my Pinterest Board for More Awesome Salad Recipes!
Cauliflower Confetti Kale Pecan Salad
- 1 small purple cauliflower or 2 cups or regular white cauliflower
- ½ cup red pepper chopped
- ½ cup yellow pepper chopped
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 4 cups curly fresh kale stems removed
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 ounces asiago cheese chunks
- Remove stem and slice cauliflower very thinly.
- Add cauliflower, peppers, scallions and kale to a serving bowl or dish.
- Top with pecans.
- Whisk oil and lemon juice together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss dressing in bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a side dish or add some protein for a main meal.
No worries if you can't find a purple cauliflower, it tastes the same as a white one.