Crock pots, slow cookers, whatever name you prefer are the key to when a busy day ahead prevents you from coming home to cook for the family. Having the main entree in a crock pot so you just have to worry about sides with it equals less stress on you!
This recipe is a simple adaption from my Creamy Crock Pot Meatballs using beef and some whole wheat flour as well. They taste just as good using turkey!
The is a family favorite in my house with some gluten free brown rice pasta under there. I served myself one here for lunch as they are hefty and large, but for dinner at lease 2 or 3 would be perfect.
*If you're looking for my original beef meatball recipe in the crock pot, here it is: Creamy Crock Pot Meatballs.
Creamy Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs [Gluten Free]
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup rolled oats gluten free
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- ½ cup gluten free flour I used King Arthur
- optional fresh, chopped parsley
- Mix together the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Make 20 meatballs and set aside. In another bowl stir together sour cream and broth and pour half of that mixture on the bottom of your crock pot.
- Reserve the rest of the broth mixture in the refrigerator until the last hour of cooking.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add flour to the reserved broth mixture in a sauce pan over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Pour this over the meatballs and cook an additional ½-1 hour.
- Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and enjoy over pasta!