This Creamy Chicken soup is a low carb bowl of comfort waiting for you! It's keto, gluten free and easy to make!
Creamy Chicken Soup
I’m such a fan of this soup. It’s creamy and rich and so nourishing. It comes together in only a very short time yet is impressive enough to serve as a dinner party starter. By including generous amounts of shredded poached chicken, this soup is such a satisfying meal and is perfect on a chilly day. Try placing it in a thermos for a hot lunch.
I like to garnish mine with crispy fried prosciutto, but that isn’t a necessity. It's delicious all on it's own!
It might be that it's the winter season where I live or just the fact that I love soups, whatever it is, you're going to want to make this deliciousness! Top with crispy bacon or prosciutto and you'll be licking the bowl. Even kids will love this creamy bowl!
Other soups you might love:
- Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- Quick Italian Sausage & Pepper Soup
- Crock Pot Sausage Cabbage Soup
If you like this recipe, there are many more like this in my Meal Planning Membership! Right now my meal planning membership is 25% off, but tomorrow is the last day. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key! GET STARTED TODAY!
Low Carb Creamy Chicken Soup
Low Carb Creamy Chicken Thyme Soup
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan and just cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 15 minutes. Don’t cook this chicken for too long or it will be tough and stringy. Remember that it will cook further in the soup.
- Melt the ghee in another saucepan and add the minced garlic. Sauté until cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, cream cheese, cream and thyme and cook over medium heat until just simmering
- Shred the chicken breasts and put half aside.
- Place the other half of the chicken in the broth mixture, season to taste and pour it all into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and then return to saucepan.
- Add the reserved shredded chicken and heat through. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a scatter of thyme and the optional crispy prosciutto.
- Store in a covered container, in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.