No Sugar Added Maple BBQ Pulled Beef made low carb and in your slow cooker!
Clearly I have a passionate love for my crock pot. Each week I seem to bring at least one slow cooker recipe to you. I can't help it, I need this kitchen appliance in my life. It's the one kitchen appliance that never fails me and works over time in my house. Sometimes I have two going at the same time!
We are so busy, seems even more so than during the school year. Summer gets the best of me. I need to work at home, but I want to be outside. I need that balance from working at home to playing with my kids and spending time outdoors during our very short summer season. I keep my kids busy with spending time reading for an hour a day, playing outside and chores of course, but I like to spend quality time with them too. Hence the crock pot to the rescue!
I've no time for elegant dinners. This is easy, tasty and fool proof for picky eaters. Toss it on a bun or a make a taco or top it on a portobello mushroom cap as seen here!
Simple prep work is what I'm talking about and low and slow is the way to go with this beef.
This is broccoli slaw on the side but I used my coleslaw recipe. Works the same, slightly more crunchy but perfect and cool with the pulled beef.
I honestly can't think of anything better than simple during the summer for dinner. It makes my heart happy and relieves my stress when dinner is hot and ready for us.
Crock Pot Low Sugar Maple BBQ Pulled Beef
- 3.5 pounds beef chuck boneless
- 4 cloves garlic halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar free ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¼ cup Swerve sweetener
- Use a sharp knife to slit the roast all over and insert garlic clove halves into slits.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients right in the crock pot itself.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the meat into the crock pot.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender and you are able to shred the meat with a fork.
- Shred meat with two forks and stir to combine with the sauce.
- enjoy in a low carb bun or wrap or on top of a portobello mushroom as I have done.
How long would this take to cook in an Instant Pot?
Guess it depends on the amount of beef. I've not tried it in my Instant pot yet. I'd assume much quicker than the crock pot.
I 'sorta' did this saturday... only I used a brisket... GOOD!!!